Low-balling Webuycycles

So it being Friday and all, who else is getting super low-balled by Webuycycles? They are seriously irritating with their stupendous offers, and it makes me wonder if anybody can take their offers seriously. 

Edited by corrie.kuilder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their standard approach is to offer half from my experience, and rounding down. Wanted to tell them to go jump, but not worth the effort.

Is this a new player or have I just not noticed them.? 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Their standard approach is to offer half from my experience, and rounding down. Wanted to tell them to go jump, but not worth the effort.

In my opinion the same as Bike Market

2 minutes ago, INDABUSCHE said:

In my opinion the same as Bike Market

It is Bike Market...image.png.ca9747b147fbf1908504a7540db74347.png

14 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Was very lus to write them back something when they did it to me recently

Unfortunately people are desperate these days and I bet they get lots of bikes through this crappy way of doing business  

I know of one friend who recently sold to them just because he wasn't lus for the schlep. Cash (and convenience) is king.

However, don't call me, I'll call you...

Same principle as webuycars. Sell quickly at a low price. Convenience comes at a price I guess. Not for me thanks.

They're about as irritating as cold calling salespeople and "Is it still available" mense.

Thankfully all of my adverts expired this morning so you can't troll me with an "Is it still available" message until I repost them

36 minutes ago, Sandro said:

Same principle as webuycars. Sell quickly at a low price. Convenience comes at a price I guess. Not for me thanks.

Difference is webuycars actually pays fair value, just sold 3 cars to them and all except one were done at more than the dealer trade in offer.

I made a suggestion to admin that we have an option to select when placing an offer to specify whether or not "trade buyers" are welcome to make an offer on an item. Could help mitigate this issue somewhat. 

But yes, I got a pathetic offer from them for my Giant Revolt. Sold it shortly afterwards for my asking price to a very happy buyer

that’s their model, and the same as all the “webuy” type businesses be they motorcycles, cars etc. 

offer low sell high. It’s a business after all. Facts are that bicycles depreciate faster than any other vehicle. Just crazy Butn highlights the actual cost of producing a bicycle. 

2 hours ago, Sandro said:

Had a family friend sell his car to WBC when he bought a new Polo GTI. WBC paid him way more than VW's trade-in offer.

1 hour ago, Nakoota said:

Difference is webuycars actually pays fair value, just sold 3 cars to them and all except one were done at more than the dealer trade in offer.

I have had mixed experience with webuycars. Yes, re old vehicles, otherwise GetWorth comes out best.