The Crow's Weapon of Choice

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Bos is talking about the rock drop with the log wedged into the middle of it...in the lowest section of the DH run?

Or are you talking about doing a drop off off the erosion area at the base of Switchbacks...alla Josh Bender

YOU GOT ME......

Josh benders moer, If one smoothed out the runout I recon It wil be darn sweet!

Anyway, Back to crows Bike. Thats what thea machine of yours Is capable of..

Its amazing How fast one can go on a good steed Man oneday, Problem is right now I can only have one bike.. and Mine has to do

Hmmm...by the big tree. Near the rocky section...gravel...

Nah, not sure where you are MT. I've gone through DH3 in my mind a couple of times now and I can't imagine where that could be.

I'm sure he's talking about Bridal Path. That's the one where you keep right instead of going left to the mast. You cycle another 500m then drop into bridal. What a piece of adrenalin rush. Man, oh freaking man.

DH1 starts to your left on your way to Silvermine. DH2 flows straight outa it and DH3 starts on your right after the first big climb from the car park. The one with the big berm leading into the root section.

We on the same page?

Nothing wrong with your bike. You ride Morewood right? Wink Kidding. As long as you drop your saddle for the trails coming down and have a stem on there that's not too long you will kill most big bikes out there on a Sunday.

When I was still on the Mojo we were practising a jump halfway down DH3. When I turned around for another go I saw three guys coming down the trail on DH bikes. We noticed them earlier on our way down Cobra. They were walking up the trail. But I'm talking mean mother truckers.

I waited by the jump with Francois for them to pass. ALL THREE OF THEM RODE AOUND THE JUMP. I was doing it with my 140mm carbon Mojo! Thankfully they stopped...I was relieved in a way. Thinking, sho maybe they just missed it / don't know the trail. Only one of them was willing to go back to try it. DH Bikes. Full face helmets...pads...attitude. The works.

And not DH bikes like people call the Mbuzi or even the Mojo cause of the 36 Talas, 2.35's and seatpost. SC Bullit, Tomac and a Morewood Izimu. Pfff.

Anyway, I can't DH (yet) to save my ass so let me just shurrup.

That Commencal is quite flash. Just a word to the wise: the 5 has a lot of rear flex and they have changed the geo quite a bit year on year. The 4 is a bit heavy for what it is and the 6 doesn't know what it wants to be. A long travel XC bike or an AM machine. Other than that...

Big kahoona's you got china. But yes, anything is do-able.

I suppose Bender does seem to land like a sack of spuds

Nah I wont get it for sure...My next steed will be hell dont know what but probably a linkage design. It was just example of colour. Excuse the pic Quality please.

As for the Mighty DH crew....

I know what you meen dude I was comming down the big burm at the bottom of the DH the other day when I noted a DHer about 50m ahead.. also, fully kitted and on a 8' bike, I cought up to him and then sat on his wheel until he pulled off close to the bottom only to his surprise a lycra clad lad comes passed.. haha

and then my favourite

Me and a friend who used to ride street and Dirt Jump together were riding our jumpbikes (small hardtails with one gear and a suspention fork)

In Tokai just for a blast... comming up the long straight climb you have the quarry on your right(where you come out If you did the DH) We saw two guys with Fullface lids standing looking down that drop there, right next to the road, theres 2, one quite a gap and then one more straight forward drop of about 1.5m and 2m forward...They wouldnt go! so we did it on our 2'travel hard tails. haha It gave us great pleasure of course.

I wish I had some DJ and trial experience...or skill!

It's pretty easy to get the experience. Just go out and do it!

I started playing around with trials around Nov last year. I've made lots of progress and it really has helped normal riding. Just start with the basics - balance. then take it further - pedal kicks, hopping etc. The full-susser may not be ideal to learn on, but don't tell me you can't practise a trackstand on it, or practise short, powerful pedal strokes to get the front wheel up.

Same with DJ. There's jumps, so go ride them. Start small and go bigger as you get more comfortable.

If you build the skills and experience you want, you won't have to wish for it.

Big%20smile

Crow have you been to Delvera lately....Now thats a heap of fun, some nice jumps to learn on and that downhill is amazing.. you will love it on your bike. I would also dig to go there again, Havnt been this year. And theres that huge 4x track now, perfect for leatning to jump..

Haven't been to Delvera this year. But, yeah, it's good fun. Will have to make plan to ride there...no better time than this weekend!

Haven't been to Delvera this year. But' date=' yeah, it's good fun. Will have to make plan to ride there...no better time than this weekend! [/quote']

EEEXXCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUSE MMMEEEEEEEE !!

dont you dare go fill your weekend till I have pm'ed you !

Haven't been to Delvera this year. But' date=' yeah, it's good fun. Will have to make plan to ride there...no better time than this weekend! [/quote']

Sorry that was the Mother of all typos.. haha

Ya, didnt meen to sound like a showoff  there. I only count myself lucky for getting into it when I was stil a laaitie. but Think of all the years of happy trails there are bro, and hey Im sure youre just "underplaying the situation" so that you can whip me when we ride together oneday.Wink

Hows the pic of that trail above.. In knysna forest. she is good huh. anyone can enjoy that, all you have to do is ride in a straight ish.. manner and not look down..