Rabbobank shocker

Slowbee

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, maybe a no no for the giro...one shot at glory(giro) and Theo Toss grabs a rider to keep him up... i doubt strongly he wanted to keep him upright??? You dont fling a rider to keep upright over your own front wheel,suicidal tendencies...maybe he was practising madison tactics...

I guess there was words then between them...

recover fast D.I

vulgar2009-04-20 03:46:49

It looks to me that it was deliberate but then again who would pull someone across their own path and bring themselves down at that sort of pace. A real suicide mission. Made me as mad as hell knowing the family and all but I sure like to think it was an accident. Does not look like it though. Would like to hear what Boss has to say for himself.

My take it looks deliberate, but have to agree you'ld have to be an idiot to do that and take yourself down. Then again, don't know the rider, maybe he is an idiot. Actually come to think of it, if it was an accident, he is an equal idiot, what was he thinking.

That picture posted on page 2 looks bad, took guts to get back on a bike and  finish the stage. Wow.

Another video link with zoomed in footage, still low res unfortunately. Yet for me the action and motions are clear -

danger dassie2009-04-20 07:15:33

ClapImpyClap

Impey stayed on the ground for 20 minutes. He was courageous to go back on his bike to cross the finishing line but the medical assistance took him straight away to the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />hospital of Alanya where the doctors reported a facial trauma, a few broken teeth and a deep cut in his mouth. Fortunately, he didn?t sustain any broken bone.

His remaining four team-mates Paolo Longo Borghini, Diego Caccia, Giampaolo Cheula and Patrick Calcagni and his directeur sportif Alberto Volpi went on stage to receive on his behalf the yellow and green jerseys. ?It?s very difficult to celebrate a win in these circumstances?, said Caccia.

Despite the circumstances, the 45th Tour of Turkey has seen the birth of a champion. There will be more to be seen from Impey at other races when he?ll have recovered from this spectacular and painful crash. It?s also the first top 3 result for Malacarne who is another champion in the making.

WOW,that is insane. One thing i know for sure is that taking your hand off the bars in a sprint "to regain balance" is impossible!!

I would to read the rabobank or barloworld press release on this!  

Not to say it was a good thing but Daryl is getting great mileage out of this. Every pro rider has been mentioning it on their Twitter updates. Everyone now knows who Daryl Impey is...

Interesting reading Daryl's website. Looks to me like Boss grabbed Daryl to sling himself past when there was nowhere to go. Even if he did not deliberately pull Daryl down he definitely grabbed him intentionally ... whichever way you look at it still cheating, just like doing drugs.

My take on the Dutch (with 1st hand experience) is that they'll find justification for anything... they're NEVER in the wrong... the entire World is saying Bos was in the wrong but yet the Dutch and some folk on here are still backing him .... holding onto Impey to "regain balance" load of CRAP. And he's sorry.... sorry for being retarded... UCI will have to act and I hope he get's at least a 1 year suspension... This whole thing has really upset a lot of folk... Go back to the decks you fool!