Recommendation required

Frosty

Does anyone know of any decent restaurants in and around Cape Town?

I don't fancy eating something found in Gauteng.

Cost is not an issue, but taste and ambiance is.

You shouldn't worry Frosty - anything found in Gauteng (roadkill, bits of old tyres etc.) is probably eaten here and wouldn't be shipped to Cape Town.

Pigalle - 021 421 4848

57 Somerset Rd, Greenpoint

Trust Me, you won't be disappointed.

Plenty of off street secure parking.

(P.s. You did say cost wasn't an issue right?)

Frosty, there's a nice book(let) called "Dine" that costs less than R100, with all the best restaurants in S.A. It's a real nice guide to have and I have discovered some exceptional restaurants in the past in this book. I know they feature a lot of restaurants in the CT area in it. Sorry, but I have only been to places closer to Durbanville and Somerset West and I can't even recall their names. I will post some names and contact numbers from the book tomorrow morning if you don't get the thing in the meantime. 

For great Burgers and a cool bar try Royale on Long Street

For something more sophisticated and asian try Haiku on Church St

Depends where you stay and what you want to eat. If you fancy good old Italian style food, pasta etc. There few places to beat Magica Roma in Pinelands. You have to book!!!

Tel 021 5311489

Mama Roma also have branches in Blouberg (Horizon Bay complex) and Tokai (Steenberg Village Shopping Centre) - so you should be able to get to one wherever you are staying

Thanks for your suggestions... so much to choose from, so little time to do it all.

Not too worried about meals before Sunday, but rather for Sunday afternoon/evening, Monday and Tuesday.
Frosty2007-03-07 01:12:05

Here is a few from Dine's top 100 restaurant list; all around CT:

Aubergine. Classic European with modern twist. 021 465 4909

Castle Hotel. Mozambican Portuguese. 021 461 4946

Caveau. Brasserie, sophisticated tapas (what the?)

Cedar Cafe. Authentic Lebanese (!). 021 433 2546

Ginja. Global fusion. 021 426 2368

Jardine. Contemporary take onclassic combinations.021 424 5640

These are also on their Top 10 special occasions and Top 10 everyday eating lists (for the whole of S.A.). If you want seafood: Baia (at Waterfront). 021 421 0935

Of course you have to book at all of these places.

Bon Appetit! Or Pig-outPig!!!

The ones on the Eat Out website's fab 15 (People's choice) list are all on the Dine top 100 list as well. Micky2007-03-09 00:39:55

Mrs.Colonel recommended Five Flies....absolutely can't go wrong there 021-4244442

Best meal I ever had was at Wasabi at Constantia Village, yes asian but with a different twist to it....definitely worth the drive, 021-7946546 or www.wasabi.co.za

Haven't tried it, but Antique in the ABSA building in the city centre i believe, came very highly recommended

Enjoy