Coach's

I have been with a training coach now for 18 months, prior to this I used the Polar program. The Results I am very happy todate.

I pay R900p.m. for the service for which I am very happy.

Since I have never enquired with any other coach, how does this rate with the market?

I am able to download & upload my weekly training plan & training files from / to a website

Every 3 weeks I have a Functional test.

I am not after another coach, but it would be interesting to see what the market has to offer!

I stopped using a coach after it became patently obvious that the programme I was receiving was a cut and paste affair. Problem with cut and paste, remember to change the name of the person you're sending it to.

There is nothing you can't read for free that a coach can tell you...and I also wondered what the point was of paying someone tell me how wonderful my performances were...even if they were piss poor.

I get a weekly personalized program, my ride data file gets checked every day, with feedback on the session the same day if I email the data in the morning. Weekly program gets adjusted during the week if necessary, based on my feedback. 

Amount of emails/phone calls/sms's to coach not limited.

Very happy with the results Clap

I pay R350 pm

R350pm and she tells me what to do and what not to do...have seen a marked improvement since using mine..

R350pm and she tells me what to do and what not to do...have seen a marked improvement since using mine..

Sounds like we have tha same coach Thumbs%20Up

Pay her my entire salary,tells me when i can and can't ride.What to eat etc etc etc.-MY WIFE.

Part of todays training program was mowing lawn and cleaning pool.

Guest Agteros

I have a running coach, I'll have to  wait and see how preparing for a 10km run helps with cycling Ermm Maybe I need coaching in selecting a coach?

R900 sounds a bit over the top though...

Pay her my entire salary' date='tells me when i can and can't ride.What to eat etc etc etc.-MY WIFE.

Part of todays training program was mowing lawn and cleaning pool.

[/quote']

That training program sounds like hell!!

The entry package is R500, however, i was concerned about using any coach wanting one with a decent Qualification (I think there are only 3 qualified Level 3 coach's in the country?) coupled with the experience of riding at a decent level.

R900 sounds a bit over the top though...

Just for interest sake, at Active Worx you pay from R1500p.m. upwards for a training program, so R900p.m. isn't that bad. Although I know of quite a few coaches less expensive than R900p.m. 

take a look at this

I'm using the 21 day free trial version, and so far have been very impressed. I've emailed them a few questions, which have always gotten rapid response

As for why have a coach - simple;

• life is way to busy for me to coach myself (coaching is a full time job)
  • whilst I read plenty, and know a little, I'm no expert (my riding time must be constructive use of time and advance my fitness)
  • I want to get fitter on all levels, this requires a structure, adaption and variety; not the same work out just longer or shorter 4 or 5 times a week
Last year was the first time I worked with a coach. Unfortunately a combination of work overload and all the stress that goes with it meant I was so exhausted that it had to stop.

The most significant thing I learned from the experience was this;

listening to your body is key, and that requires some space, so that you can clear your mind and think about how you currently feel.

Now imagine trying to fit your full time job, coaching yourself, family, etc into a regular day, and make an accurate assessment of your current condition, and the appropriateness of the pre prescribed session ahead of you.......

Hands up, it didn't work for me, hence my attraction to an interactive programme that makes daily adjustments and can recalculate you training for sickness / work / lack of time....

PPWTF2009-05-03 08:02:24

Sounds like we have tha same coach Thumbs%20Up

Which coach are you guys (possibly both) using? I'm looking for some recommendations.

I agree with you PPWTF Clap, I just have not got the time to work out a TP with etc, etc...