Project RedWood: There's a monster in my house...

droo

If you run into anyone wanting to sell a Shova ST complete or frame only please send them my way.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know, will most likely be frame only. One of my riding buddies gets his paws on one every now and then, this is his old (!) frame.

It's easier to get to the pro pedal lever that way... I think... but its a real PITA to get the valve cap off.

No ways bud....easier if you stand next to the frame ja. Not when you're actually riding it. If you flip it around it sits closer to the h/bar and you just reach down around the shock with your forefingers.

In that position it must be a bitch to get to it while riding. You have to reach down further back and it's awkward to get into that little space....maybe that's just me?

Anyway....keep us posted if none-Morewoods are allowed at your convention. After 2yrs I STILL haven't met or ridden with Crow!

It's easier to get to the pro pedal lever that way... I think... but its a real PITA to get the valve cap off.
No ways bud....easier if you stand next to the frame ja. Not when you're actually riding it. If you flip it around it sits closer to the h/bar and you just reach down around the shock with your forefingers.In that position it must be a bitch to get to it while riding. You have to reach down further back and it's awkward to get into that little space....maybe that's just me?Anyway....keep us posted if none-Morewoods are allowed at your convention. After 2yrs I STILL haven't met or ridden with Crow!

It works OK for me... that said, I haven't had a chance to thrash it yet. I'll keep you posted.

And there's a Prophet in our crew too, so we're not elitists...

Minty you are right in the beginning I always looked down to find that lever but now I know excactly where is it . I don't even think about doing it , it just happens . Another thing is , you will never play with those settings when you are hitting the single tracks . It always gets set once you hit the jeep track/open dirt and changed before you enter the trails again . Took a spin on the NRS the other day and could not find the lever on that shock the first few times .

ah well done droo! awesome bike. you're gonna have the time of your life on that thing i tell you. I also wanted the red one, but they only had the white one in medium when i bought mine. Looks great.

Mine weighs between 14 and 15 kgs, somewhere. go ride! That bike can take hits, don't be afraid to push it hard! Shova in zulu means "to fly" !

cheers mate

Andre from Rush has his Mbuzi build up to 13.5kg according to him and Richard at MW. That means mine must be close to that as we have a very similiar build. My fork is lighter though...close to 350g lighter, but the KS seatpost makes up for that.

According to Richard Shova frames weighs 3.2/3.2 and Mbuzi weighs 3.6. MOuntain Bike UK had the Mbuzi frame listed as 3.9kg. My Ibis was under 2.4kg! Anyway, yeah you can feel the weight when climbing but it doesn't pedal that heavy and it makes up for it on the way down.

Save up some money and strap a 20mm fork on there...you owe it to yourself!

Anyway....keep us posted if none-Morewoods are allowed at your convention. After 2yrs I STILL haven't met or ridden with Crow!

Crow is in permanent semi-retirement! As unfit as hell and...anyway. I will be there Sun am, will be great to finally meet and do a ride together.

What time...?

I plan to ride from Vredehoek so would likely join you guys for an hour

or so only since Vredehoek-Tokai-Vredehoek alone is probably a good

3hrs for me already.

So the less fit you are and the slower you ride the better for me since

I myself am not very fit....just brave stupid....and likely to suffer much this Sunday!

I have devoted my MTB climbing career to determine once and for all just how slow you can go without falling over.

Not sure on time yet. 9? Seeing that it's gonna be raining and cold.

I have devoted my MTB climbing career to determine once and for all just how slow you can go without falling over.

Not sure on time yet. 9? Seeing that it's gonna be raining and cold.

Reg

Nice Bike ... is that an ex Williams Bike Shop frame ?

Nope... it's a factory prototype, used to belong to one of my riding buddies.

Seriously nice looking ride droo, love the square tubing on these frames, very industrial looking.