Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah' date=' things of beauty to make you drool....

I can't wait to ride my bike again!!!!

[/quote']

Have you been off the bike?

Or is it a sympathy thing for Crow so he's got a buddy during cycling hours? smiley2.gif

Sympathy - smiley24.gif Nope. He wanted to fall off all on his own - smiley4.gif

Haven't ridden since Weisenhof, between moving out of home for renovations, trying to chase down work and general hectic lifestyle - haven't had a chance.

I WILL be riding my bike though this weekend and I am going to love every second!!! So if anyone wants to go for a spin this weekend let me know.

Hi,

I am getting my Morewood Shova LT tomorrow. But i want to convert it to use for races like the Epic next year. (I know this bike is for downhill)

So, please, can anyone advise me on what i can do/change component wise.

Thanks.

Hi' date='

I am getting my Morewood Shova LT tomorrow. But i want to convert it to use for races like the Epic next year. (I know this bike is for downhill)

So, please, can anyone advise me on what i can do/change component wise.

Thanks.

[/quote']

Yikes...

Get to the gym for this climbs!

A LOT of your weight lies in your components, so you can possibly shave a bit of their - what does it have on at the moment?

Morewood Shova LT

2008 Marzocchi Bomber 888 RC3

Shimano Deore Gears.

Big Mammoth Fat Sun Rims.

Formula Breaks.

Truvative holzfeller Cranks.

Cane Creek Headset.

Ringle Hub

(Forgive spelling of parts)

Hey Trooper,

The LT is a great bike, but its gonna kill you in the epic. The frame alone will be close to, or even just over 4k's, the geo is too slack and the shock will not be tuned for climbing.

Geo = geometry. Lenght of Top Tube / Head Angle / Seat Angle / Wheelbase...etc

You can replace with a RP23 if you can find one with a long enough stroke. Bike will still weigh a ton.

Indeed... Maybe sell / swap it. Or get another lighter bike you can use for the Epic - doing the Epic on a LT will give you a LOT of street cred, but you will pay very very very dearly for it along the route - might be the first man to complete the Epic on foot!  smiley2.gif

(Hi)

Now... I do have a Trance I want to sell  smiley2.gif

(Jack)

Here is mine.

20100211_100028_IMG_1553_Medium.jpg

Build spec:

-  Kwela frame

-  Rock Shox SID team fork, 100mm with remote lockout

-  XTR front & rear derailleur

-  XT crankset & cassette

-  Hope Mini X2 brakes

-  ZTR rims laced to Hope hubs with DT Swiss spokes

-  Thomson post

-  Easton EC90 bars with KCNC bar-ends, EC70 stem

-  Gobi saddle

Morewood Shova LT2008 Marzocchi Bomber 888 RC3
Shimano Deore?Gears.

Big Mammoth Fat Sun Rims.

Formula Breaks.

Truvative holzfeller Cranks.

Cane Creek Headset.

Ringle Hub(Forgive spelling of parts)

With all due respect you don't race in the F1 on a Jeep and you don't take a Ferrari through the bush. The Geo = geometry

You will be able to do the Epic on the LT, but you will enjoy it a whole lot more on a more XC based bike.

Disclaimer .... I have not done the Epic, but have done other ultra endurance events and 24h rides so base my comments on this.

TROOPER_JP - the LT on the Epic will make you cry. I have heard of guys that have done it on the ST and that hurt a little.

Perhaps think about getting a Bike like Flex' (as shown above). You can thrash those puppies like a long travel bike, and still they will out gun most things on the track. The weight is quite nice too...

I have a 13kg ST, and I would buy a Zula to do the Epic on without a doubt. 13kg's is a bit rough for Epic distances...

Maybe I should train too...smiley24.gif

Archived