Aspartame: The truth is out there?

With the KORU thread being hijacked about the Aspartame debate, is it good or is it bad for you, I feel a dedicated thread is a far better place than hijacking someone elses.

So post away: The internet is a dangerous place when one does not have both sides of the story.

Wow! with all those websites out there dedicated to Aspartame, surely this ingredient can't be all that innocent.

Wayne King2009-05-21 13:54:15

With the KORU thread being hijacked about the Aspartame debate' date=' is it good or is it bad for you, I feel a dedicated thread is a far better place than hijacking someone elses.

So post away: The internet interwebs is a dangerous place when one does not have both sides of the story.

[/quote']

Interwebs, dude, interwebs...

With the KORU thread being hijacked about the Aspartame debate' date=' is it good or is it bad for you, I feel a dedicated thread is a far better place than hijacking someone elses.

So post away: The internet interwebs is a dangerous place when one does not have both sides of the story.

[/quote']

Interwebs, dude, interwebs...

I suffers from the internetless LOL

Well I know of kids that have nearly died from peanuts yet I gladly give my child Peanut Butter. If your allergic to something, of course its going to harm you.

I would really like to get the facts - sort the paranoia and conspiracies from the facts. So its bad for you in very large quantities, not going to dispute that. But do we really need to go on a witch hunt because a product has only 2mg* of the stuff?

What would the Mythbusters say about this stuff?

* EDIT: I've looked at the link for cancer.gov and its a good article. The safe limit is 50mg per kg (so that would 5g in my case). The article refers to subjects who consumed the product in moderation.

cbrunsdon2009-05-22 11:42:58

Aspartame is really bad for your health. Ive been stealing Diet sugars from coffee shop for years, trying to save lives.

I avoid anything with aspartame in it. It constantly amazes me that people believe that Canderel or other 'diet' sweeteners are better for them than good ole cane sugar...

Wow! with all those websites out there dedicated to Aspartame' date=' surely this ingredient can't be all that innocent.

[/quote']

I'd say alcohol is more dangerous than Aspartame. A lot more deaths can be associated to alcohol consumption than Aspartame consumption... Where's my glass of TAB? Wink

Sean Badenhorst2009-05-24 02:10:59

Double Captain Morgan and TAB for me please....then a sugar free Red Bull and Jager!!

I avoid anything with aspartame in it. It constantly amazes me that people believe that Canderel or other 'diet' sweeteners are better for them than good ole cane sugar...

Well good ole can sugar has at least a taste - I could never stomach these diet sweeteners. If you really want to substitute sugar then use honey.

Well good ole can sugar has at least a taste - I could never stomach these diet sweeteners. If you really want to substitute sugar then use honey.

ya, but now there's that bee disease, and there wont be much honey, especially in the cape...

ya' date=' but now there's that bee disease, and there wont be much honey, especially in the cape...

[/quote']

I know where they hide the honey around here ... and use local hubbers know people that deal in this stuff. LOL Saw some hives that might be worth raiding near the secret jeep trails

Guest Agteros

ya' date=' but now there's that bee disease, and there wont be much honey, especially in the cape...

[/quote']

I know where they hide the honey around here ... and use local hubbers know people that deal in this stuff. LOL Saw some hives that might be worth raiding near the secret jeep trails

hmmm right and that is going to do the bee population a lot of good! Rather buy honey that comes from commercial sources instead of raiding wild hives!