I hate being screwed over

tiger cycles

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

At this years ABSA Cape Epic , i worked for a prominent Pro-Team.

Well the riders are pro.....

Management FUKKEN sux...................

I have still not been paid for the work i did as a mechanic. As the rates go, i did NOT charge an exsorbatant rate.

6 bikes @ R 140 per bike per day.......

I used my own vehicle and diesel

It is now two months and i am beyond giving up fighting.

THANX DCM CHROME..........REMEMBER THE WHEEL TURNS.....

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
tiger cycles2009-05-29 09:25:11

At this years ABSA Cape Epic ' date=' i worked for a prominent Pro-Team.

I have still not been paid for the work i did as a mechanic. As the rates go, i did NOT charge an exsorbatant rate.

[/quote']

Another side to this story or not?

Tiger, what reasons do they give for not paying up?

Retrorider2009-05-29 09:30:28

Well I guess this confirms Napalm's rumours then.

I wonder if all the guys that gave him a hard time because of his post that he made will be so quick to to apologise and leave their snide remarks for a time when it would be more suitable.

At this years ABSA Cape Epic ' date=' i worked for a prominent Pro-Team.

[/quote']

Another side to this story or not?
Tiger, what reasons do they give for not paying up?

Hey Retro....

All they say everytime i manage to get any dialogue out of them is that Ian......(team owner) who never even had the decency  to great me OR speak to me for 5 minutes , has not signed off the invoices. BUT as we speak , i believe, some of the riders are abroad , racing.  

I charged a minmal fee.....By todays standards , the Epic would have cost them a minimum of R 2000-00 per rider.........

In all honesty I don't always mind being screwed over, of course it has to be said that the right people need to be involved smiley2.gif

Jokes aside that is a really rotten thing to happen. To be honest charging a 140 bucks a bike is chicken feed. After most days out the bikes need a full service, which in any decent LBS would cost them upto 500 bucks.

I really hope you get your green outa them. Have you tried writing to them? Normally a threat of legal action will put the fear of god into them which'll hopefully get em to pay up.

Good Luck!

maybe you screwed up their bikes?

LOL

Maybe too much screwing and too little servicing!!

Yikes who screws during the Epic anyway!!!Wink

Moral of the story is...... The ethics of the management of TEAM DCM CHROME is now very questionable..........

Why employ someone to do something knowing full well you not gonna pay them. Thats just not done where i come from.....

They probably budgeted for the expense from the sponsor, but the final distribution never arrived at the supplier.

Somewhere in the chain it broke down.

I have seen that happen. It comes from management, or mis-management. Probably someone pocketed it.

Try taking it up with the sponsor, rather than the team.

A pretty one sided post if you ask me.

Posting DCM's reasons for non-payment would give it a more balanced feel?

maybe you screwed up their bikes?

LOL

Maybe too much screwing and too little servicing!!

Yikes who screws during the Epic anyway!!!Wink

You'd be suprised I was sound asleep. . .  But the second evening in greyton to riders went at it and the girl was not quiet. They got cheered on by the riders around them and this did'nt make them stop they went for the finishline sprinting