SAs 31May09

THE BODY CENTRE

Vets 40-44 (lap 1, first hill)

20090602_035253_IMG_3269.jpg

Drag up to 3rd hill - split in the bunch already (+/- 22Km)

20090602_035334_IMG_3270.jpg

One of many inquisitive fans

20090602_035430_IMG_3288.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies 30-34 (I think - they were the only ladies racing on the day).

Sarah Wielopolska in the Club 100 kit - met her on the flight home, very friendly.

20090602_035652_IMG_3300.jpg

They hold elite licences dont they and they race Elite Nationally so I think it is ok for them to race SA Elites??

I agree ...

I agree' date=' but then what about Jaco Fereira for example? Where do we draw the line?
[/quote']

Flemish ... my take is that if it is a PRO; then he has to race ELITE ... when the racer is not a PRO, he has the option to race ELITE at SA CHAMPS, otheriwse in his age cat .... and for that matter any ex-PRO (Andrew, Beneke's etc.) has the option of competing in the ELITES, otherwise in their respective age categories .... If we look at Graeme Cronje, competing in the ELITES group this year, yet he raced at SA's in his 40-44 age group ... otherwise the only way is to scrap age categories and let everyone race in one group.

I believe that at the SA Champs (any other event it's fine)' date=' a rider should compete in his/her own age group, otherwise why having different age categories. Yes the organisers were at fault by allowing AM to rider one class down and then not let him ride.

Look at the 45-49 age group .... Mark Beneke won it but he is actually in 50-54 age group ....
[/quote']

As mentioned before - what about Jamie, Malcolm, Cashandra, Anriette, etc?

They are pro and therefore should race pro for SA's... that's a bit different than Mark Beneke and Andrew McLean.

Wonder Woman2009-06-02 04:06:06

They hold elite licences dont they and they race Elite Nationally so I think it is ok for them to race SA Elites??

I agree ...

I agree' date=' but then what about Jaco Fereira for example? Where do we draw the line?
[/quote']

Flemish ... my take is that if it is a PRO; then he has to race ELITE ... when the racer is not a PRO, he has the option to race ELITE at SA CHAMPS, otheriwse in his age cat .... and for that matter any ex-PRO (Andrew, Beneke's etc.) has the option of competing in the ELITES, otherwise in their respective age categories .... If we look at Graeme Cronje, competing in the ELITES group this year, yet he raced at SA's in his 40-44 age group ... otherwise the only way is to scrap age categories and let everyone race in one group.

This is correct.  My understanding though, is that Graeme rode for Konica-Minolta this year.  If that is the case, then strictly speaking, he should also not have been eligible to ride.

I agree ...

[/quote']

He isn't pro!!

I agree ...

[/quote']

He isn't pro!!

But he rides like a pro Big%20smile

He better buy Gavin and I some beers for keeping the break-away within his reach Wink Awesome ride from him though!

So Flemish were you one of those who made us sweat up front LOL

I had some words with Brand when he did not help(CycleLab dude in the break), but please let him know there's not hard feelings, okay Wink

Well done to your team over the whole weekend ClapClapClap

So Flemish were you one of those who made us sweat up front LOL

I had some words with Brand when he did not help(CycleLab dude in the break)' date=' but please let him know there's not hard feelings, okay Wink

Well done to your team over the whole weekend ClapClapClap
[/quote']

Thanks.

That was chompey (intern) Big%20smile

It's a pity he's a bit outta shape at the mo (Cape Epic blues) - else you guys would have suffered a bit more!

It was a fun weekend for us in any case!

Awesome ride from him though!

Super human Wink I wish I had the ability do what he did on Sunday Wink 

Oh - Brand is TCS btw - you can't blame him for not working.

We gave the same orders to intern - but that's just not him!

Sorry Flemish, I thought you were with TCS (I don't know all you Capetown and Jo'burg guys yet)

I met intern and we and a laugh 'bout us blowing and then sort of getting it together again, then blowing again etc LOL

Sorry Flemish' date=' I thought you were with TCS (I don't know all you Capetown and Jo'burg guys yet)

I met intern and we and a laugh 'bout us blowing and then sort of getting it together again, then blowing again etc LOL
[/quote']

No problemo

He usually has about 9 lives a race LOL