Why don't we have a proper MTB mag?

Pappa Bear

Hey,

Any idea why we don't have a proper MTB mag (a local mag)?

Yes RIDE and Bicycling and the othe rone is fine....... but it takes me 30min. and then I am throught the mag (yes I have a short attention spanEmbarrassed).

But I look at mags from the UK (MBR, etc.) and envy them.... why can they publlish 3 or 4 mags in the UK totally dedicated to MTB while in SA we can't put out the same "quality" of mag?  Whe have the skills, the sunshine and I am sure the market is there?

Will it not be nice to see nice adverts from Cajees, Bruce, Fritz etc. in the mag?  Local rides covered in 3 or 4 pages, detailed maps etc?

Was wondering about this for sometime now........Confused

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heya Pappa Bear

You're in luck, head to www.treadmag.co.za and subscribe.... Tongue Thumbs%20Up

Tread' date=' mountainbiker mag.... we have 2[/quote']

although they are better then the other two, they are not on par with the UK mags like Pappa Bear mentioned, sorry HR, SB, Intern and all others involved. They just do not have the power (read readership) that can demand suppliers giving them 5-10 bikes/sets of tyres/light sets/wheel sets/whatever for 2 months to do proper tests. An honoustly, I do not think we have the trails that they have overseas. You can finish all the reviews of all SA trail in 6 months and then what?Mampara2009-06-09 00:40:28

Tread' date=' mountainbiker mag.... we have 2[/quote']

although they are better then the other two, they are not on par with the UK mags like Pappa Bear mentioned, sorry HR, SB, Intern and all others involved. They just do not have the power (read readership) that can demand suppliers giving them 5-10 bikes/sets of tyres/light sets/wheel sets/whatever for 2 months to do proper tests. An honoustly, I do not think we have the trails that they have overseas. You can finish all the reviews of all SA trail in 6 months and then what?[/QUOTE]

errrmmm....it will take 6 months in my area alone...to review all the trails.Confused

OK - so I just subscribed to TREAD for a year....... NEVER saw it before.....

Hope the mag is so good that it was sold out before I got to the store the last couple of months Smile

Hope the mag is so good that it was sold out before I got to the store the last couple of months Smile

it is pretty good and i think it will just get better..

And hope the post office delivers.