Why don't we have a proper MTB mag?

Pappa Bear

Are there plans for any longer term tests of products beyond the "novelty" stage of receiving a new product to test and the longer term durability of the product?

We'd love to do these longer term tests. We've got some gear penned in for long terms testing, but no bikes. It's difficult to get a local wholesaler to part with a brand new bike, especially an expensive one, for a few months. A few of the wholesalers can see the value, but most need some convincing still. I'm optimistic we'll get to that stage, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh' date=' really, you horrid little german? just a simple pedal up? how boring. why don't we throw a 180 in there too? smiley36.gif

ps, did you see my crash on the site? funny sequence.[/quote']

Okay fine, pedal-up to backwheel, followed by a 180 backwards launch. Wink

I missed your crash pics, are they still up?

They are... Look in the Crash and Learn section on the site. And tell everyone you know to send in their crash pics too. There's also a classic sequence of a guy crashing on that one jump on The Spruit just before you reach Conrad Drive from the south...

They are... Look in the Crash and Learn section on the site. And tell everyone you know to send in their crash pics too. There's also a classic sequence of a guy crashing on that one jump on The Spruit just before you reach Conrad Drive from the south...

Found it! LOL

Very cool! You should set up a youtube channel and get some video's sent in.

Are there plans for any longer term tests of products beyond the "novelty" stage of receiving a new product to test and the longer term durability of the product?
We'd love to do these longer term tests. We've got some gear penned in for long terms testing' date=' but no bikes. It's difficult to get a local wholesaler to part with a brand new bike, especially an expensive one, for a few months. A few of the wholesalers can see the value, but most need some convincing still. I'm optimistic we'll get to that stage, hopefully sooner rather than later.[/quote']

In the one MBUK they broke a carbon Scalpel. The supplier was on hand immediately to replace it so that the test could continue. I would like to see them doing it here to a R80k bike.

Mampara

You might never see that here, it all has to do with disposable income and economy.

Mampara

You might never see that here' date=' it all has to do with disposable income and economy.
[/quote']

Yah, probably not in a small economy like the cycle industry, but we see it regularly in the heavy engineering business, all these guys get product to test first, especially disposable items like drill bits, some bits supplied to the mines cost in the region of $3000.00 each (approx R25000.00) and they can go through dozens a week per operation, so its big business, and competition to supply is fierce, but the product has to be approved first and thats where the "samples" come in.  

********sorry for the diversion, back to the post.!***********
porky2009-06-17 11:50:36

Guest Agteros

If you need anyone to test protective gear ill help Big%20smile. Will be 2nd nature Big%20smile

Here I thought Bigben and Holy Roller have the testing of protective gear (and hospital response in case of catastrophic failures) market pretty much sewn up!

BehindOx - I must say I have had my fair share but I can only aspire to the great man's (HR) level .........

C'mon girls- so much yak yak yak yak yak. Just subscribe. I've just done it....... before the end of the month, in time for the second edition.Cool