Why don't we have a proper MTB mag?

Pappa Bear

If the mag is willing to sponsor me a Garmin Edge 705, I'll submit 1 mtb race and 1 new trail report every month Wink

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, funny thing... Family and mates in the UK love the Tread and wish they had something like it there.

As for the 'quality' it's on par at the least.

If the mag is willing to sponsor me a Garmin Edge 705' date=' I'll submit 1 mtb race and 1 new trail report every month Wink[/quote']

it's only quarterly for now, but will become more regular as it goes. 

as a roadie ' date=' i never made a point of it to look for the mag specificially.

And never seen it in the local newsagent i visit infrequently.

Can some one point me in the right direction - Northern subs, Cape Town, i would like to have a look at the mag before subscribing.

I'm sure anything is better than Bicycling!

[/quote']

jeepers okes, help out a brother!

i can subscribe and get it delivered, but then the same thing as per the bicycling mag happens: if i dont like it, i'm stuck with it!

i just wanna read through one issue before deciding, soemone know where i can find it?

as a roadie ' date=' i never made a point of it to look for the mag specificially.And never seen it in the local newsagent i visit infrequently. Can some one point me in the right direction - Northern subs, Cape Town, i would like to have a look at the mag before subscribing.I'm sure anything is better than Bicycling!

[/quote']jeepers okes, help out a brother!i can subscribe and get it delivered, but then the same thing as per the bicycling mag happens: if i dont like it, i'm stuck with it!i just wanna read through one issue before deciding, soemone know where i can find it?

http://www.treadmag.co.za/DisplayLink.aspx?eid=9159&group=Stockists&name=N/A

thanks holy & slowb

i'm running off, will check to see if i can make it in time for Gecko, if not ill take up your offer Slowb

BMC send me your postal address' date=' I'll send you one of the copies that I have.

[/quote']

like the fact that you have more than one copy smiley20.gif

I have the first issue of Tread and while it is far better than any any of the other S.A. magazines it still does not compare with the U.K. magazines such as MBR, MBUK and What Mountain Bike. Hopefully it will get there.

Yesterday I picked up the June copy of MBUK. In the plastic sleeve was two bullet shaped valve caps with the mag name etched on it. They were in a printed blister pack and not just thrown in. Next month they are including a chain stay protector. Our mags really need to look at giving more the just nice pictures and 2 month old race reports.

Yesterday I picked up the June copy of MBUK. In the plastic sleeve was two bullet shaped valve caps with the mag name etched on it. They were in a printed blister pack and not just thrown in. Next month they are including a chain stay protector. Our mags really need to look at giving more the just nice pictures and 2 month old race reports.

Surely the content should be what sells the magazine, not the gift inside the bag. Do you honestly need/want branded, bullet-shaped valve caps? Most people I know remove valve caps of any kind at the first opportunity they get...

I have the first issue of Tread and while it is far better than any any of the other S.A. magazines it still does not compare with the U.K. magazines such as MBR' date=' MBUK and What Mountain Bike. Hopefully it will get there.[/quote']

What is lacking? What would make it compare?

Surely the content should be what sells the magazine' date=' not the gift inside the bag. Do you honestly need/want branded, bullet-shaped valve caps? Most people I know remove valve caps of any kind at the first opportunity they get...[/quote']

I can not use it myself as they fit Schraeder valves. And contents should be selling point. But what if you can get both. If you subscribe you get a gift that is about the same value as your subscription. In this case its a pair of baggies.