INDUNA - not the usual MTN SERIES standards

Candy

Not a problem Wessel but at the next event can I bring all my boards along and we can talk bussiness ? if cash is a problem I do accept beers .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just my 2cents worth...I liked the old route a lot more than the new one...just my opinion though

just my 2cents worth...I liked the old route a lot more than the new one...just my opinion though

did you manage to do the 45km again?

Candy' date=' even thought Speedy was the only lady to compete in the 120km, the 75km was the official ladies distance. I personally do not think she did it for the prize money, rather for the challenge. It was really embarrassing for me when she passed me just before the 2km to go mark. But I am sure it was waaaaaaaaaay more embarrassing for Ian McLeod, who was behind her and all the guys that didn't finish. [/quote']

Yolande is a friend of mine and when she came to enter she said she wants to take part in the 120 ultra. According to our National MTB Series Rules, I made it clear to her that she will forfeit all points and recognition by competing in the 120 Ultra, she will not receive a podium or any aknowledgement that she rode, EVEN if she wins the distance.

Even tough she knows this, she confirmed and understands the rules. She took part for training. Her viewpoint was that she was only able to do one more event, so she was out of the series contention. And would personally prefer doing the long distance.

This was the first Induna I have done. Did the 75 and just managed 4:12. Does anyone know how much climbing we did? It felt like plenty!!!! I thought in general the organisation was good from number collection, start time, route and the finish. I think a few people would have battled with the 75 if not prepared. Ouch!   MikeMin2009-06-15 01:47:03

This was the first Induna I have done. Did the 75 and just managed to break 4 hours. Does anyone know how much climbing we did? It felt like plenty!!!! I thought in general the organisation was good from number collection' date=' start time, route and the finish. I think a few people would have battled with the 75 if not prepared. Ooch!??[/quote']

I think what people forget is that it's a National event, not just a race. The route will be harder naturally, on Wednesday I'm going down to Harrismith which will be this years venue for the MTN NATIONAL XCM #4 SA CHAMPS N3TC DIRTY HARRY in assosiation with MIWAY. (or just MTN N3TC DIRTY HARRY) to do a route inspection and see if it's up to standards, if the finishing time will be correct for the ULTRA Marathon.

It is a race ' date=' not a picnic !!! Must the organizer cater for each individuals requirements ? I only drink "FIT" and expect it at the water tables ? I however am not very happy with this numberboard nonsense !! I bought a number board 3 years ago and was told that it is not valid anymore and I need a new one !! BS !!

TZmtb I think you got a long way to go !!! We finished 2nd last smiley2.gif .

[/quote']

LOL, you are right, it's no picnic in more ways than one. Was just reading about what one gets at water stops in bike mags and after chatting to my brother who is a seasoned rider I was expecting a banana or muffin at least.

No problem though, race was great. It has definitely hooked me on cycling and MTB.

I think I came four hundred and thirty something out of 500 which isn't last. It is weird, the desire to come anywhere but last.

See you at next year's Induna.

Ray

They could have at least had some bananas for the 105km riders, or were the riders supposed to pick their own as they rode through the banana plantation single track LOL (which was really awesome!)

They could have at least had some bananas for the 105km riders' date=' or were the riders supposed to pick their own as they rode through the banana plantation single track LOL (which was really awesome!)[/quote']

i agree, suppose they could. but surely no one go off riding 4hours+ and not take anything to eat with you.

You have to carry a lot of food/drinks to last you 5+ hours of racing, especially when there is only water at the tables.

You have to carry a lot of food/drinks to last you 5+ hours of racing' date=' especially when there is only water at the tables.[/quote']

three litre camelbak, two bananas, five gels, and an energy bar should be more than enough. maybe a bottle on the cage too.

I travelled from PE to do this race and I wasn't disappointed at all.  This year's 75km was great, I really enjoyed it even as though the route got very hard with 20km to go.  They really made some big changes to the last 30km of the route as I can remember that the last part flew by quite quickly last year and that wasn't the case at all this year. 

Does anyone know where I can find some photos online, I saw photographers taking photos at a few places along the route.