THIEVES!!

Mr Mulebar

Hi Guys,

My house got broken into yesterday morning, and the bastards ran off with my XT wheelset!! The wheels are fitted with XTR 970 rotors Continental Vapor tyre on the front and Continental Edge Tyre on the rear, XT Cassette fitted as well.

Keep your eyes peeled please if you are in Cape Town

There seems to be some gangs around the area.

My girlfriends sisters garage got broken into a few weeks ago and 2 bikes taken. Luckily the cops down the road spotted a suspicious looking guy on a bike to big for him and nabbed him and they got their bikes back.

But, early yesterday morning they tried again this time the bikes were luckily chained to a beam as the beams that she installed in the garden didn't pick up them at all.

This was in Kirstenhof.

yip - tried to take mine again last weekend. 4 of them chained up outside, with a 10mm braided steel cable and 2 rawl-bolted eye-plugs, which are then epoxied into the rawl bolt housings.

the guys must've used something that can provide a HUGE amount of torque, because the eye-bolts were screwed free of the rawl bolt housing (yes, they were EPOXIED IN PLACE - not just screwed in!) and they tried to break the cable by twisting it. So much, in fact, that the cable is now irrepariably twisted.

Needless to say, the bikes are now inside, and being moved to a different location which is a helluva lot harder to get to...

jeez CT is bad they steal flippen everything there. Scaled my Weber from the back of the yard (hout bay). Broke into garage and scaled power tools.

My one mate had a place in Obz. They even scaled those huge potplants, must have been 200kg apiece...goners off of his stoep.

But yeah, they are bad here... Every place has it's "phase" though. I remember up in Pinetown, where a mate of mine is chairman of a body corp for complexes - he had a constant stream of break-ins, for 6 months... then, they just stopped.

moved along down the railroad...

the area has been target lately

stoel pot plants near hertzlia the otherday...they were almost full trees out of them.....

get dogs trained to attack anyone unless u say no....or a gun...and a grave yard at the back so no one knows ;)

What kind of idiot steals a wheelset if hes not in to cycling?Angry

Im sick of crime fu*&%g had it!!!!

A tik addict that will sell them to Cash converters for thier next fix.AngryAngryAngryAngry

What kind of idiot steals a wheelset if hes not in to cycling?Angry

Im sick of crime fu*&%g had it!!!!

A tik addict that will sell them to Cash converters for thier next fix.AngryAngryAngryAngry

I had a mate whose car wheel was stolen off the car, which was parked behind a 12 foot wall. She found her car balancing on a pot plant!!! So it can be stolen and sold, they will take it... whatever it may be.