Motobecane info

jancokotze

If anybody knows anything about the Motobecane bike brand, I would be gald if you guys would share your knowledge with me. I am looking to import very high spec MTB's and roadbikes at a very good price - almost unbelievable.

I don't know. Never seen that name before. I need to do a little more market research before I jump into it.

jancokotze2009-06-17 06:29:21

If anybody knows anything about the Motobecane bike brand' date=' I would be gald if you guys would share your knowledge with me. I am looking to import very high spec MTB's and roadbikes at a very good price - almost unbelievable.

[/quote']

Can't upload the pics. but this is their 1979 catalogue.

I had their Nomade Sprint and jeez I loved that bike. 12 speed, blue metallic frame, french-made. It was the business - thanks for bringing back memories.

well you did say if anybody knows anything..................Big%20smile

It cost 115 quid (R1,400) and weighed 27.5lbs - what's that 13kgs?

Joe Low2009-06-17 06:39:14

I've seen those American Motobecanes sell for really cheap prices online, but according to wikipedia they have nothing to do with the original French company.

Yeah, these bikes that I am looking to import is a product by an American company named Motobecane. The French company got bankrupt and them bacame MBK under the ownership of Yamaha. So these have nothing to do with the french Motobecane.

jancokotze2009-06-17 07:28:06

There is one on Bike Bay, with 7900 Dura Ace brand new for R27 000.00. That is a really good price, but the frame looks horrible. It's a bright orange colour and has the same shape as the old EPS (or is it EPK) carbon frames from a few years back.