The "Vent Your Anger" Thread

Thug

My vent for the day.... I'm sick with flu!!!!! not swine flu, but it sure is a swine!!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry @ chicks who won't give you some cos "you're married"

that's what they say to fob you off?it's cos you puts the ug in ugly?

Angry @ chicks who won't give you some cos "you're married"

Kla jy...  ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused, I thought the doctor wanted a little PantaniWink

Wink

Well, back to the post and I actually do have an issue!!.

I spend an enormous amount of time travelling around, and have been a SAA Platinum Voyager member for years.

Yesterday I had to visit a client in Cape Town, so no problem catch the 6am flight down and book the 5pm flight back.

Leave the client in the city centre at 3.40pm, I figure 45 minutes to the airport hand in the hire car - 10 minutes, I am at the departure gate 4.30pm, plenty time.!  

Anyway, road works, ridiculous traffic jams, an accident slowing one lane and atrocious rainy, windy weather grid lock all the roads and I miss my flight by 10 minutes.

Okay no problem, go to the ticket booth and ask for a change to the 6pm flight.

Sorry sir, you must pay in R1300.00.

I ask why, you just book me on another flight.?

No Sir, its a new policy, you must phone the SAA client services tomorrow and ask for a voucher for the missed flight and you can use it anytime in the next three months, but you must pay for a NEW return ticket now.!!!

Now, all I can say is, its no wonder this operator needs a government bail out every year, the policies are backward, and the staff are uninterested, unhelpfull and are plainly just there to collect a salary.

If this is the way they treat their "Platinum" members, its no wonder the average traveller uses one of the independant airlines.

So I said thanks, but no thanks, walked over to "the green airline",  and bought a ticket for R800.00, and, we in fact, left 10 minutes before the SAA flight anyway.

Now, I must spend "my time unnecessarily"getting my refund voucher.!!

Just plain infuriating.!

Okay, gotta go phone SAA.!

Porky if it turns out I have swine flu it's all your fault!! second vent for the day

Well' date=' back to the post and I actually do have an issue!!.

I spend an enormous amount of time travelling around, and have been a SAA Platinum Voyager member for years.

Yesterday I had to visit a client in Cape Town, so no problem catch the 6am flight down and book the 5pm flight back.

Leave the client in the city centre at 3.40pm, I figure 45 minutes to the airport hand in the hire car - 10 minutes, I am at the departure gate 4.30pm, plenty time.!  

Anyway, road works, ridiculous traffic jams, an accident slowing one lane and atrocious rainy, windy weather grid lock all the roads and I miss my flight by 10 minutes.

No Sir, its a new policy, you must phone the SAA client services tomorrow and ask for a voucher for the missed flight and you can use it anytime in the next three months, but you must pay for a NEW return ticket now.!!!

Now, all I can say is, its no wonder this operator needs a government bail out every year, the policies are backward, and the staff are uninterested, unhelpfull and are plainly just there to collect a salary.

If this is the way they treat their "Platinum" members, its no wonder the average traveller uses one of the independant airlines.

So I said thanks, but no thanks, walked over to "the green airline",  and bought a ticket for R800.00, and, we in fact, left 10 minutes before the SAA flight anyway.

Just plain infuriating.!

[/quote']

i see saa has renewed it call for the airline to be privatised, so we don't carry on with the burden!

My house almost burned down...and I smell of burned 'fynbos'.

And how did that happen?? Confused

dunno...it started in the veld/forest opposite my house. Cry

dunno...it started in the veld/forest opposite my house. Cry

Shame man, good to know all's alright

Well' date=' back to the post and I actually do have an issue!!.

Just plain infuriating.!

[/quote']

i see saa has renewed it call for the airline to be privatised, so we don't carry on with the burden!

Yah, I know HR, but I cant see any private company wanting that mess.

For me the issue is the "attitude" of the staff. They just sit there looking like they hate their jobs with this "I dont give a stuff about the customer" attitude.

Not once did the staffer say, "let me see how else I can help", let me call a supervisor to escalate this issue" nothing, they have no people skills, no intention of getting any and just look at you as if you are something the cat dragged in.

Now that I am suitably irritated again, its a good time to try calling them again, - I tried about 30 minutes back but got sick of listening to their irritating version of the national anthem and a recorded voice telling me my call is important.!

porky2009-08-05 01:18:38