Willie Engelbrecht closing down?

Novak

Cycling is a tough sport and most of you okes want the fancy stuff so you can look cool but i bet you  98% of hubbers are probably not good cyclists cause if you were you would be pro & not have to pay for your spares. If its not your passion then play rugby.

I have been to willie & other bike shops & dont mind supporting them cause its hard out there and in winter i wouldnt want a bike shop. 

Maybe cause i can afford to ride a bike & do most of my talking with my legs which maybe a bit old these days. Viva local shops!!

What a load of drivel .... by the way does your mom know that you have access to the internet.

hey miggies21' date=' no need to flame the guy, it doesnt help, rather flame what he writes.
[/quote']

I am sorry Slowbee, you are being far toooo nice... he has been looking for it from the first post!!!!!

Ouch

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel sounds like a roadie...... so ignore what he says.... 

(who is going to open the door for me?) Ouch

Clap I have been to  the same dentist for many years but still dont know where he lives or what car he drives. (dont care)

Glad to know that you okes see willie as your idol cause you seem to know all about the beach house and assets or does it just piss you off!

Clap I have been to  the same dentist for many years but still dont know where he lives or what car he drives. (dont care)

Glad to know that you okes see willie as your idol cause you seem to know all about the beach house and assets or does it just piss you off!

Do you go to your dentist to "talk shop" or to browse around? It wouldn't surprise me if you did.

Does your dentist drive a beeeg bakkie with his name all over the thing? Maybe you do... or maybe you have personalised number plates or something.

Is your dentist a household name, maybe he wishes he was.

The only certainty here is that you are talking out of your arse, and now you have no place to retract to, so you try and divert your silly comments by focussing on the stupid beach house and the 4x4.

Ag, shame Diesel, you forgot the password to your first username? Once again shows your intellect.

But I am not going to feed the troll any further but have one question for Diesel.

Did you work at WE? I see the only other posts are wheelsets that you sold for very cheap. After the sale you deleted all details. I also heard there are theft allegation at the shop, quite a lot.  Maybe connected, maybe not, but still interesting.

No offence here but if it closed then there must of been bad management and business somewhere or it wouldnt of closed. They should of made changes when they saw it coming as this wouldnt of happend over night I dont believe.

Ohter shops are still open ie CWC for example and also cater for the hi-end and funrider.

My 2c

Earlier this year i said that only your very big bike shops and online shops will remain open in a year or 2.

Seems like it is starting to happen now.

Winter is the worst time for a bike shop and i think we will see many more closing by September.

I also see many bike mechanics opening up service centres from home or small shops were they will only do builds and servicing.

Online trading like CRC is our saving grace! We are getting ripped off totaly here in SA!

If these local shops don't drop their mad prices soon they will all go that way!!!!

Its a pity that we dont start a new topic with our discussions regarding the tought times in the cycle industry (and keep on bringing this "willie" topic up.

BUT.. MAYBE.... this can help you making life much easier for yourself.

About a 2 weeks ago I bought a set of XT mtb rims from klein chris for R4200 (That included: The disk rims, 2 x 160mm Hayes rotors and the VAT).. i Waited 3 days for delivery.

Now go to CRCycles and see if they can beat that price.

The problem is that all go mad about overseas buying (And yes I did order a xt groutset lastyear)...

but just MAYBE... If you phone your LBS and tell him what you can get the item for from overseas, he will drop his price to match that.

You score, because you buy it local, and if you got a issue can take it back to him.

I'm not saying, buy from Chris W,

I'm saying, give your LBS a change to quote or match your qoute... You never know!!!!

POPS the irony is that CWC imports most of his goods; he also pay the high exchange rate; he also pays the import duties etc etc etc and yet he offer good prices to the cyclists and still make a living ....  I have to agree with CWC business strategy ... cut the middle man out ... the local agent here in SA .... too many mark-ups along the line!!!

So you agree.. Let Chris Willemse do al that admin and logistics... Why do you want to take that risk ?.... .

And it means that we do buy local and support our local shops.

This will ensure that other shops start doing the same, and in fact putting preasure on the local distributers to cut their margins and fixed prices

I just ordered a whelset(DT Swiss xr4.2d rims, Hope2 Hubs, DT Swiss spokes).

4 LBS prices as qouted me R6900, R6870, R6750, R6700.

CRC plus shipping:............R3582

Beat that!!!!!!!!!

Its a pity that we dont start a new topic with our discussions regarding the tought times in the cycle industry (and keep on bringing this "willie" topic up.

About a 2 weeks ago I bought a set of XT mtb rims from klein chris for R4200 (That included: The disk rims' date=' 2 x 160mm Hayes rotors and the VAT).. i Waited 3 days for delivery.

The problem is that all go mad about overseas buying (And yes I did order a xt groutset lastyear)...

but just MAYBE... If you phone your LBS and tell him what you can get the item for from overseas, he will drop his price to match that.

You score, because you buy it local, and if you got a issue can take it back to him.

I'm saying, give your LBS a change to quote or match your qoute... You never know!!!!

[/quote']

Agree 100% with you mr spinach man

Spent 4 hours trolling CRC for goodies, I'm not convinced that anything that I was interested in last night was cheaper and more convenient than buying from a LBS.

The only thing I would still buy will be Camelbaks - and the next one I do I will contact the local distributors and tell them they lost another sale.

About a 2 weeks ago I bought a set of XT mtb rims from klein chris for R4200 (That included: The disk rims' date=' 2 x 160mm Hayes rotors and the VAT).. i Waited 3 days for delivery.

[/quote']

He gave my dad a better deal on campag shamals than if he ordered it from overseas. My dad gets a great deal without hassles, cw gets business. Evertyone happy.

I just ordered a whelset(DT Swiss xr4.2d rims' date=' Hope2 Hubs, DT Swiss spokes).

4 LBS prices as qouted me R6900, R6870, R6750, R6700.

CRC plus shipping:............R3582

Beat that!!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

One thing I am noticing regarding CRC vs LBS pricing is for once we in the Cape are getting an awesome deal. Why is it that no Gautengers are raving about how cheap their LBS is?

Must be a Cape thing LOL