Rudy Project Lens Shot with 9mm

rudyproject

so why dont they just make helmets out of the same stuff as these glasses

Why fix something thats not broken.... Our helmets do the job.... very well.

but is it bullet proof ?

Probably... We should ask the US Special Forces, Italian Special Forces and French Special Forces... They use them as their tactical helmets of choice along with our eyewear for jumping out of planes and other crazy stuff they do..

rudyproject2009-07-01 01:25:46

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got R4K to spend on prescription glasses next month and looking for a descent pair that can take a few knocks. The money is coming out of my own pocket so I'm not limited to a brand or optometrist.

www.optilabs.com

I ordered a pair some time ago, R2,2k gone through the card. Will be some local costs as well, as per any overseas purchase. Don't have them yet, however these are formed lenses, not inserts.

So, DO these glasses scratch or not?

I've now read conflicting evidence on this post here...

The final word for me would be whether they scratch or not....

so far every other make have produced scratching....

but is it bullet proof ?

Probably... We should ask the US Special Forces' date=' Italian Special Forces and French Special Forces... They use them as their tactical helmets of choice along with our eyewear for jumping out of planes and other crazy stuff they do.. [/quote']

they jump out of planes with cycling helmets? Wow... and I wont even do it with a parachute...

but is it bullet proof ?

Probably... We should ask the US Special Forces' date=' Italian Special Forces and French Special Forces... They use them as their tactical helmets of choice along with our eyewear for jumping out of planes and other crazy stuff they do.. [/quote']

they jump out of planes with cycling helmets? Wow... and I wont even do it with a parachute...

so you'd do it without a parachute?

Why don't they have packages with these glasses as on the overseas web sites where you get a combo of glasses helmet or bag and extra lenses and T-shirt. These even cost less that what we pay here and you get more.

Why don't they have packages with these glasses as on the overseas web sites where you get a combo of glasses helmet or bag and extra lenses and T-shirt. These even cost less that what we pay here and you get more.

Hey Gremlin... Watch this space.... It's coincidence that you mention it but at the moment we are busy putting packages together like the US do... We will be launching it soon...

So' date=' DO these glasses scratch or not?

I've now read conflicting evidence on this post here...

The final word for me would be whether they scratch or not....

so far every other make have produced scratching....

[/quote']

The ActiveX lenses are scratch resistant but not scratch proof.

How can anything be 100% scratch proof?

Surely all surfaces must be susceptible to scratches? Some might be tougher than others, but we are talking about glasses here...

I've got R4K to spend on prescription glasses next month and looking for a descent pair that can take a few knocks. The money is coming out of my own pocket so I'm not limited to a brand or optometrist.

www.optilabs.com

I ordered a pair some time ago' date=' R2,2k gone through the card. Will be some local costs as well, as per any overseas purchase. Don't have them yet, however these are formed lenses, not inserts.

[/quote']

Thanks but I've just organised with my Optom that they will get the Rudy rep to come in with some frames for me to try on and help me decide on the correct frame. For me, spending an extra R1000 is not an issue here - means I just have to wait a little longer to get my Morewood LOL

If it were not prescription glasses my opions would change.

Guest Big H

www.optilabs.com

I ordered a pair some time ago' date=' R2,2k gone through the card. Will be some local costs as well, as per any overseas purchase. Don't have them yet, however these are formed lenses, not inserts.
[/quote']

Thanks but I've just organised with my Optom that they will get the Rudy rep to come in with some frames for me to try on and help me decide on the correct frame. For me, spending an extra R1000 is not an issue here - means I just have to wait a little longer to get my Morewood LOL

If it were not prescription glasses my opions would change.

So ya gonna shoot em with your 9mm???????

Don't have a 9mm but we got a .22 - will first ensure them, then give them a go ...

But just came back from my LBS and he showed me what he wears (did not notice the brand). There R500-R600 and really nice. If your not looking for prescription lenses, then it makes sense on a MTB.

He did not knock Rudy's, just for him he had damaged a pair or two by throwing them in his back pocket while cycling, and other man handling. He also mentioned that this was true on all brands.

For me, they will always be worn or will be kept in a protective case as I cannot be for even 30 seconds without my prescription glasses else I get a headache. Yup, my eyes are fked

Why don't they have packages with these glasses as on the overseas web sites where you get a combo of glasses helmet or bag?and extra lenses and T-shirt. These even cost less that what we pay here and you get more.
Hey Gremlin... Watch this space.... It's coincidence that you mention it but at the moment we are busy putting packages together like the US do... We will be launching it soon...

My luck. Will receive mine and then the offer starts. smiley19.gif

great!   a 9mm projectile at 1100 feet per second in the eye !   one less thing to worry about....   gee thanks rudy project,  hope your skull replacement surgery  and eye patches are just as good as your shades .......