PPA/Commissairs/DQ's & WL-rule

Poison Ivy

I see a lot of hubbers lately post replies of private communication. While I have my own view about the ethics of such acts I wonder if it's legal to publish it without the consent of the other party

Why on earth not? Unless you've specifically made me agree to keep communications private, I can do anything I like with that correspondence.

And in this case I was in fact asked by Naas to post his final reply on the matter.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pops, I agree with you, PPA must bite the bullet and keep pushing the issue. This will result iin a lot of bitching for the next few rides and then everyone will either comply or the transgressors will leave and the rest will comply.

Sponsors will stay as there are always going to be riders wanting to race, even if they are not the top top riders.

There are even now many very competent riders who do not race leauge, for whatever reason, but if they did would probably be up there with the front runners. But so what no one cares as they are not in the race.

Regarding sponsors, what sponsors want is coverage, whether it is comming 1st in a strong leauge or 1st in a not so strong leauge makes no difference to the the coverage is the same.

To say that the sponsors will not be there because a few riders withdraw is incorect, it just meant that the riders that stay on will give better exposure to thier sponsors etc.

So I say the white line is a rule, it is the end of the road, the same as the gutter on the left hand side of the road. When the gutter is on the left there never seems to be complaintants that the road is too narrow etc.

That said, I must admit that it is very difficult to keep left of the line, when you are in the gutter and you know there is road to your right and shelter from the wind.

However all I would appreciate is consitency from PPA. They must have the balls to stick with what they started!!

No, he did nota. He was busy riding the Epic.

So, he is a cyclist.

But we all rode the mykonos last year, the year before (and the last 10 years).

We ride most funrides, and its only the "WANNE BE PRO's" that through their toys around after they brake the rules.

Cycling dont need people that cannot stick to the rules that was set plenty years ago.

Whatever argument you guys try, YOU BROKE THE RULE.

The question is: IS DIE PPA NOG RUGGRAAD LOOS (soos met die Wellington race) EN GEE HIERDIE MENSE WEER HULLE RACE TIMES TERUG.?

Ek hoop nie so. Miskien moet die PPA die geel en rooi kaart begin te implementeer.

As jy meer as 2 DQ in 'n league "seisoen" kry, is jy terug tussen die paloeka fun riders.

Die league riders is te arrogant na my sin om nou te wil strike, mens sou sweer hulle kry moerse groot poduim gelde om sulke stof op te skop.

Ek dink hulle noem dit "Kom bietjie terug aarde toe" , en begin weer julle fietsry geniet, of ry julle vir die geld?

Dis die funriders wat die sport maak. 90% van elke race word deur funriders gery, hoekom moet hulle so ge affekteer word deur 'n "bietjie" wat wil reels in plek he sodat dit hulle pas.

So 3 tot 4 jaar gelede kon jy 'n funride ry op 'n Saterdag en 'n Sondag, nou is dit bykans eers elke 2de naweek , en ook net een per naweek?

Iemand is besig om gatvol te raak vir hierdie sirkus, en die league riders se attitude help nie baie om dit te verbeter.

Kill me if you want, I don't give a sh*t... Change julle blerrie attitude. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popeye, you're missing the point. Riders who didn't break any rules were disqualified. And the officials can't/won't explain why.

Popeye, jy het geen idee waarvan jy praat nie. Kry eerder die feite voordat jy kommentaar lewer.

About 4 years ago, the whole sub-vets bunch was stopped on the Mykonos road.

The race ref. warned them again, and again,and again, and again.... and eventually pul his car in front of the WHOLE BUNCH, pull them of the road and kept them standing for 5 min on the side, explaining the "WHITE LINE " rule.

They were pissed off , but they was punished with that time penalty.

"ALWAYS STAY LEFT OF THE WHITE LINE".... Hoekom ry jy left as jy train? Hoekom ry jy left as jou laaitie saam met jou in die motor is?

As die race referee sukkel om die bondel te kry om by die reel te hou... DQ die hele spul.

Laat hulle mekaar daar in die ry uitsorteer, laat die onskuldiges die skuldigis daar langs die pad op donnner.

Ek hoop die race referee's op die Mykonos race is meer as dubbel, en DQ enige groep sommer met die eerste "white line" rule breek.

Ek het 'n vermoede die wheelsuckers is die culprits. Want, as jy voor ry het jy geen rede om nie in die geel lyn te ry en die ou agter jou moet maar duck en dive vir die kat ogies.

So, as jy 'n wheelsucker is, is dit nou miskien tyd om jou race taktiek te change om voor te gaan ry...

of.. terug te kom na waar jy hoort en by die paloeka's te kom ry.

Ons ry nie oor die wit lyn. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ons het nie daai R250 prysgeld nodig om 'n brood en liter melk te gaan koop)

MP321, no I did not ride the race in Malmesbury, however the problem has been rearing it's head for a while now and I have been guilty of transgressions in the past. But the only reason that it happens is that there are no concequences.

Yes I have heard that there were other factors, i.e. ppl being DQ'd willy nilly and possibly without cause. This is a seperate issue, and must be see as such. the fact still remains that the White line rule is here to stay, and as soon as everyone starts to adhere to it the better it will be for all.

INCLUDING the front runners that are currently abiding by the rules, Like yourself (maybe). What I see at the moment is that the front group puts the bunch in the gutter and abide by the rule. Then the rest of the bunch then hides away and transgresses the rules.

If the bunch was forced to stick to the rules you would be able to possibly make a break and stay away. Who knows.

Just remember the rule is not going away, the sooner we accept this and live with it the better. It sucks I know, but it is there.

MP321, I understand that what happend at Malmesbury is probably incorect, they should have iether DQ'd the whole bunch or the specific riders and followed procedure. however even if this was done the result would have been the same, remember the Winlands race?

The idea was correct, but the exicution was woefullt inept. (Note I agree with you here)

So if there is bitching to be done it should be around consistency, as indicated in my previous post, not about the rule or the result of failure to comply.

Regarding boycotting the last race, I believe all the riders in teams would naturally need to get support from the sponsors if the riders felt so strongly. Remember they want the coverage and results are important, but the exposure is more so.

Whatever argument you guys try' date=' YOU BROKE THE RULE.

[/quote']

Popeye, the 2 sub vet riders that broke the rule in Malmesbury can as far as I'm concerned be publicly executed....(ok 'n bietjie extreme but get the point).  They broke the rule - they needed to get punished for it. 

The 20 riders that were randomly picked by the Comm and disqualified just to make a point....not on !!! Angry

If any of you can tell me that randomly DQ-ing more than 20 riders just because you were told to do so, is in the best interest of cycling...by all means...

Maybe PPA must get the help of the Metro police LOLLOLLOLLOL

Motoriste summier aangekeer oor sperstrepe<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Magdel Fourie <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />10/04/2007 09:04:15 PM - (SA)

PRETORIA. ? Geen genade.

Dit is voortaan die owerheid se sleutelwoorde vir motoriste wat ander motors oor sperstrepe verbysteek. Di? oortreders gaan dadelik in hegtenis geneem word.

Dit kom nadat die padsterftesyfer di? Paasnaweek tot 181 gestyg het, het mnr. Ashref Ismail van die Padverkeerbestuurskorporasie (PVBK) ges?.

?Die padongelukke oor die Paasnaweek toon ?n ontstellende verband tussen botsings reg van voor en sperstreep-oortredings.?

Ismail het ges? di? oortreding word in ?n baie ernstige lig beskou omdat dit spreek van ?n algehele miskenning van die veiligheid van ander padgebruikers.

Gevolglik is verkeersbeamptes opdrag gegee om van nou af motoriste wat sperstrepe verontagsaam, summier in hegtenis te neem.

Dit vervang die boetes wat voorheen as straf uitgeskryf is.

Verdere kommer ontstaan ook nou oor die onverwagse groot getal voetgangers wat vanjaar gesterf het, het Ismail ges?. Van die 181 oorledenes was 69 voetgangers, 41 bestuurders en 71 passasiers.

Volgens hom word dit daaraan toegeskryf dat voetgangers onder die invloed van drank langs die hoofwe? wandel. Hulle skat dan die spoed van aankomende motors verkeerd en steek noodlottig die paaie oor.

Die PVBK sal na di? probleem kyk as deel van hul 12 maande lange deurlopende verkeerstoepassingsplan, wat in Augustus verlede jaar begin het.

Dick, I agree with the white line rule, but what happened at the Malmesbury race was just wrong. The way the comms made this race sound was like the Tour De Winelands, where the guys should have been disqualified.

Popeye,  we had 3 PPA leaque comitee members in our race and they did not even know what the comms was on about. You cannot compare this to Mykonos race a few years ago.

lots of noise from a few people perhaps ???

how many of you will be at the PPA meeting tonight to put your concerns to the PPA EXCO and be part of the solution rather than part of the problem???

See PPA website

"FEEDBACK MEETING WITH THE EXCO: A feedback meeting

with the PPA ExCo will take place 18h30 for 19h00, MTN Sciencentre

Auditorium at the Canal Walk Shopping Centre on Wednesday 11 April

2007. At this meeting, the ExCo will give some feedback on their

portfolio's and on where we're at with CSA and unification, and voting will take place on proposed constitutional amendments. All PPA members are invited to attend. Please note this is a feedback meeting, and not the annual general meeting. Read more."

No' date=' he did nota. He was busy riding the Epic.

So, he is a cyclist.

But we all rode the mykonos last year, the year before (and the last 10 years).

We ride most funrides, and its only the "WANNE BE PRO's" that through their toys around after they brake the rules.

Cycling dont need people that cannot stick to the rules that was set plenty years ago.

Whatever argument you guys try, YOU BROKE THE RULE.

The question is: IS DIE PPA NOG RUGGRAAD LOOS (soos met die Wellington race) EN GEE HIERDIE MENSE WEER HULLE RACE TIMES TERUG.?

Ek hoop nie so. Miskien moet die PPA die geel en rooi kaart begin te implementeer.

As jy meer as 2 DQ in 'n league "seisoen" kry, is jy terug tussen die paloeka fun riders.

Die league riders is te arrogant na my sin om nou te wil strike, mens sou sweer hulle kry moerse groot poduim gelde om sulke stof op te skop.

Ek dink hulle noem dit "Kom bietjie terug aarde toe" , en begin weer julle fietsry geniet, of ry julle vir die geld?

Dis die funriders wat die sport maak. 90% van elke race word deur funriders gery, hoekom moet hulle so ge affekteer word deur 'n "bietjie" wat wil reels in plek he sodat dit hulle pas.

So 3 tot 4 jaar gelede kon jy 'n funride ry op 'n Saterdag en 'n Sondag, nou is dit bykans eers elke 2de naweek , en ook net een per naweek?

Iemand is besig om gatvol te raak vir hierdie sirkus, en die league riders se attitude help nie baie om dit te verbeter.

Kill me if you want, I don't give a sh*t... Change julle blerrie attitude. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

BRAVO!!!!ClapClapClapClap