OAK VALLEY (trail 'n picnic): Sunday 26 July

Christopher Brunsdon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was about to Bump with a Anyone else coming bump?

Slowbee u coming? I need some one to ride at the back withLOL

Hey Cbrunsdon, good to see you getting rid of those toe clips!

I did the red and green routes last week. I must say the rides are some of the most fun i have had in a long time. They are fast and fun with not much technical aspects. A great place to get practise with the cleats . However i will be sticking to my old running shoes.

Thanks. Getting some DH Shimanos so I can still  decide if its cleats or no cleats for me. LOL and whats wrong with my toe clips. Watch the "For Sale" section Saturday LOL

Looking forward as wife is going to be visiting old friends in Grabouw while I'm on the trails.

cbrunsdon2009-07-21 14:24:16

I might be a late minute entry!!  Did ride there last Sunday....was 3 degrees Celcius at 8 AM....Brrrrrr!!

Awsome track...but Chris, this is a fairly technical ride!! Make no mistake....better get used to those cleats OR else walk over the bridges..they were quite snotty slippery and if you hit them at an angle....eina, pyn..scuffed shins!!

Red route will take around 3hrs....

Will know by Sat PM if i'm able to go...

Thanks Cassie - picking up my pedals Saturday from a hubber and getting my shoes from Williams tomorrow - he has a nice selection. Will make sure there is some grip!!!

And getting my new tyres as well tomorrow ... been advised that mine might not cut it on the trails :) - think it might be because they done a 1000km on the tar

Mr CBrunsdon What time are we meeting at oak valley on Sunday morning. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBig%20smileEmbarrassed

Guys, I'm sitting out for this ride....Cry  Doing a family hike instead!

BUT that will free me up to do the STB MTB race next weekend!!

hoo aaah!!

With only 3 people going this is going to be a pain fest for me. How am I suppose to keep up with the 2 mountain goats?

C'mon hubbers join us for a great ride. The weather is going to be great and I need partners in pain and suffering to look after me at the back of the pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With only 3 people going this is going to be a pain fest for me. How am I suppose to keep up with the 2 mountain goats?

C'mon hubbers join us for a great ride. The weather is going to be great and I need partners in pain and suffering to look after me at the back of the pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAHAHAHA I think its me that will be at the back........ Im a old man Embarrassed

WHAHAHAHA I think its me that will be at the back........ Im a old man Embarrassed

"Im a old man" said Lance as he attacked on the climb and blew them away.Big%20smile

Well I got my shoes - off to Claremont to pick up my pedals now. Getting my new tyres too but no time to fit my "new" shock though.

Will be practising clipless pedals this afternoon ... Ouch