OAK VALLEY (trail 'n picnic): Sunday 26 July

Christopher Brunsdon

Im really sorry OnetimeCryCry I even tried to call another chef as well but he is away for the week end. I am not even going to try and put my name down for anymore rides etc as work always gets in the way.

I even went out to canal walk at 8pm to buy 2 new tubes as back up for today.

Time to look for a new job i think

Im really sorry for making you wait Onetime.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you guys have picked a great day ... some of us are on Sunday School duty and cannot excape until after 11h00

Waited for about 35min at the Paddocks.

WAFU !!!!

Did you go there anyway? I know you were really looking forward to this & it's a glorious day for it. I wanted to see the pics & hear the report???

First: Next time as the organizer of a Group Ride I will take down everybodys numbers and new riders will need to send me pics of their rides.

I had no idea who I was looking for, as their were many riders.

Second: Remember to make sure wife gives me my phone in person before she rides off (with it LOL)

Third: Remember to keep a copy of my wifes cell phone and my cell phone number on me at all times to tell wife that she has my phone. (After 7 years I still do no know her number, well thats why I have a cell number. Oh and I never phone myself so don't now my numer. Got a big yellow sticker on the back with my number)

Okay, thanks Ira and co. It was amazing. Sorry that I missed you Onetime.

Guys, this was amazing. If you have never done it I have no words that can truely describe it.

Did the black route with Ira and not too hectice. Its dooable for a noob. Oh, and had great fun learning and falling with my cleats - stopped counting on how many times I fell.

Best fall was the last one - that pool of water towards the end. Hesitated on turning right or going straight at the tree. Ended up falling into the water LOL

I will be back - many times.

Looks like you guys have picked a great day ... some of us are on Sunday School duty and cannot excape until after 11h00

Well we can always organize a afternoon ride. Lots of riders pitched up after 1pm. Church ends about 11am for me too so I would get to Oak by 12.

Sounds like it was great fun. What was the time you guys did it in?

Would like to time the trail and when I am within say 30 min from you guys' time I will definitely pull in for the next one!

We did it in 2h30m of riding and under 30km - think it was about 28km as my computer is not setup correctly.

But we also spent about 45 minutes of talking and for me to recover - so about 3h15.

Hey CBrunsdon, I forgot to take my bike pedometer of when loading I accidentaly zeroe some info.. However my "trip up said 29km. Though that includes some route deviations.

This is defentely not race pace. This is wht i call a fun route so yeah us lot are not exactly "high performance athletes". There are guys that can do this route in under an hour.

Hey OAk valley rocks.

What a pity it's going to be a while before i get there again. There are just far too many places to ride and too little time. There Jonkerhoek, lebanon.,Parl, Tokai ... and google earth is damn trip all its own.

Just too much. And thats not even the secrete places!!!! Now this weekend im doing Die Burger 60km MTB race. I hears its going to be easy peasyWacko.

Hey Iragr, my wife picked me up after 3. No problem as I was having a nice sit in the sun setting my bike - seat was creaking and saw my one cleat had shifted.

Great ride and I too need to still do the others. Need to do at lest Jonkershoek and Lebanon before Oak. Planning to take my family to Lebanon for a weekend - accommodation is reasonable.

Not at all. Had a sandwich in my Camelbak and was not hungry at all. Was a mis communication between my wife and the person at home as too where she was - hence the dealy.

Was tinkering on my bike when she pitched up and just enjoying the warm weather.