OAK VALLEY (trail 'n picnic): Sunday 26 July

Christopher Brunsdon

Ok - so what's your time for this venue normally?

Took mrs mountain_lion, her friend (novice MTBer) and myself just under 3h at a very leisurely pace (including many stops to look at the view, take photo's, talk sh!t etc).  Red route only. Black route single track was too wet to ride (2008-07-28).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Leet22, nice to see a Pink Floyed listnener on the Hub!! Are you going to Oak valey Sunday?

Hey Brunson my MTB forks are a bit stuffed if i get them fixed in time will CU there Smile. Still havent been to Oak valey. Got sick 2 weeks after Kleinmond and was flat for a week. Thanks for the PM on the multisport event in kleinmond.

I started training again 2 weeks ago(stationary bike) not the same. So i lost some fitnessConfused

Am jealous of you guys, Oak Valley is just a liiiiitttle bit nicer than the Spruit, which us Jo'burgers have to contend with. You cross bridges, we cross dead bodies smiley6.gif

Am trying to extend my one-day business trip to Cape Town next month to give me one day extra to ride Oak Valley. Boss may ask why my laptop (aka bike) bag is so big... smiley17.gif

Am jealous of you guys' date=' Oak Valley is just a liiiiitttle bit nicer than the Spruit, which us Jo'burgers have to contend with. You cross bridges, we cross dead bodies smiley6.gif

Am trying to extend my one-day business trip to Cape Town next month to give me one day extra to ride Oak Valley. Boss may ask why my laptop (aka bike) bag is so big... smiley17.gif [/quote']

Well if you manage to squeeze in that extra day, give us a shoutout! If its in the week you might find one of us can perhaps go AWOL from work LOL

There's quiet a few Pink Flodies on the hubClap I hope to be going to Oak valley as well, on ridden Tokai Cry So will be good to see some new single track Big%20smileBig%20smile.

Have a search for Pink floyd on the forums will see a whole thred on them. Still going to mug one of the hubbers for his vinyal collection.Embarrassed

Am jealous of you guys' date=' Oak Valley is just a liiiiitttle bit nicer than the Spruit, which us Jo'burgers have to contend with. You cross bridges, we cross dead bodies smiley6.gif

Am trying to extend my one-day business trip to Cape Town next month to give me one day extra to ride Oak Valley. Boss may ask why my laptop (aka bike) bag is so big... smiley17.gif [/quote']

Hey, i cycled the spruit a couple of times. Thats a very awsome fast flatish route. I must say i quite enjoyed the spruit except for all the dog walkers and the zimbabwean refugeas sleeping in the bush. 

I moved down to the Cape less than a year ago and must admit have enjoyed the rides alot more. The views are incredibel!

Well if you manage to squeeze in that extra day' date=' give us a shoutout! If its in the week you might find one of us can perhaps go AWOL from work LOL[/quote']

I'll do that - its looking like it might be a Wednesday but will let you know. Nothing better than going AWOL from work smiley2.gif

Don't know how many are going to join but I've marked it off on my calendar! As its my first time and depending on hubbers pitching up, can see witch route will be done.

(Hope to get my tyres, pedals and shoes all done by Sunday)

Well If I can get a lift Im in. Booked the day off work for it LOL

Hey chop you have a lift with me remember!!!!!AngryAngry

It means that I will be there then we can have a relaxed ride doing the RED route.

Well If I can get a lift Im in. Booked the day off work for it LOL

Hey chop you have a lift with me remember!!!!!AngryAngry
It means that I will be there then we can have a relaxed ride doing the RED route.

OOPS so at least there will be 1 chop there to braai ...... me.

Yea yea relaxed ride Wink

Hopefully will have a bit of time to make some chocolates as well, but will be bringing some GIANT choc chip cookies Big%20smile
leet222009-07-18 09:25:12

Well lets see by Friday/Saturday who all is going. Looking forward to Sunday as I want to see how much crap I can give my 'old shock - one of those cheap elasto-crap that came on my entry level GIANT LOL

Don't think I'll have time to fit my new shock in time - but I don't care. Still also got to learn on Saturday how to ride with cleats. So its going to be fun Thumbs%20Up