Do you iPod while riding MTB?

chuck

Do you iPOD while riding?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you iPOD while riding?

• No I want to hear my partner sucking air
    • Yes Dancing Queen gives me a buzz

I know it's personal preference but I fail to understand why people do it. I have been stuck behind iPodders on numerous occasions while pushing their bikes up inclines. Obviously they did not hear my pleas as I was coming up behind them. This being my obvious peeve I cannot understand how you can ride without hearing what's happening with your bike.

IMHO I think that they should ban it in bike parks - No Helmet, No Ride. iPod, No Ride.

chuck2009-07-14 00:05:09

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I do it's only when climbing. But even that only happens once a year - listening to iPod while climbing that is.

It distracts from the peace and quiet...the beauty of being outdoors. It completely ruins single track and downhills.

If I do it's only when climbing. But even that only happens once a year - listening to iPod while climbing that is.

You need to find more hills!!!!! Tongue

In my opinion, riding with an iPod is dangerous for you as the cyclist. You cannot hear what's happening around you and it is also illegal!!

Use it only with 1 ear piece, that way you can still hear what's going on around you.

I do. But, I only ride with one ear piece in or I make sure the volume is down so I can hear what is going around me.

I only do when I ride alone for long periods, and the volume is very low, I can still hear my own tires on the gravel.

I like to imagine I'm Darren Berrecloth with Rob Zombie blasting my eardrums to pieces and my backwheel giving Amarider the maintenance work my membership pays for as I slide, spin, crash and rip my way down the trail!!!

Its great! But only on low volume... Otherwise you cant hear the people who may be quicker coming through... Just something to turn to in pain!

Only when riding road bike with little traffic around.

Likewise - my own race radio - but tuned to 94.7

I prefer hearing my tires scrub when I really push it. Way cooler than music.

I mountain bike to enjoy the bush and the peace and quiet and the animals. Why go spoil it with musicDead

Silence sometimes is good...

I mountain bike to enjoy the bush and the peace and quiet and the animals. Why go spoil it with musicDead

so shut up then!

Sometimes I do Ipod when I MTB....because I can!!!....no worries of traffic (TAXIS!!!) behind me, etc......(however not in a race). Then other times the peace and quiet with only my wheels on the dust making their own sounds....

so shut up then!

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Don't talk, just kiss!!!