Pierce Brosnan, cause ur worth it...

Dun Man

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like the advert as it spares me from hearing the word "lance" for a whole minute at least!!

Personally I like the advert as it spares me from hearing the word "lance" for a whole minute at least!!

f**k... tell me about it.

I opened the July issue of bicycling this month. that stupid plonker has taken up about 75% of an already crappy mag

technology has come a long way and we've seen inventions like PVR's and even remote controls. build a bridge man! change the channel or learn to live and let live.

I sold Pierce a s-works a few years ago and let me tell you' date=' he's more of a cyclist than you'll ever be. I mean, if you're blogging about an advert...... come on man, need I go on?
[/quote']

Relax max. None of us actually really care about Pierce, skin revitalizing, or you for that matter, we just enjoy a bit of a bitch and moan for the sake of bitching and moaning.

...slow day at the office....

...from guardian.co.uk...

According to Pierce Brosnan in his new commercial for L'Or?al, "there's more to life than making films." Hard to believe, I know, but get this, he's actually right. There's death, for a start. And bingo. That's two. And grappling with imponderables like why Bombay Mix isn't called "Mumbai Mix" yet. There's also gift-wrapping your dignity and handing it over to a global cosmetics giant as well. But we'll leave that for now. Carry on 007. "Fighting for the causes I believe in," he adds, which, apparently, appears to be man's inalienable right to ride horses on beaches and shoot pool with your square-jawed mates. Noble causes, I'm sure you'll agree. Maybe Bob Geldof should get involved. Get Bono on board. Take equestrianism and pub sports into developing nations. Make boredom history. But wait, there's more: "But you've got to keep up," he continues. "It's the same with my skin." And therein lies the rub.

Pierce Brosnan is 54 years old and yet his skin resembles that of someone maybe 20 years his junior. His secret? A soft focus on the camera lens perhaps? Skin grafts from Keira Knightley's rump? Nope, it's L'Or?al's Vita Life tautening cream, that's what. Yeah, right. Most of the 54-year-olds I've ever seen have nasal hair like shoe laces and ear lobes that scrape on the pavement. As for their faces, well, they look like a plate of spaghetti and no amount of tautening cream is going change that, even if it is one used by James Bond. "You're worth it," concludes Brosnan at the end of the ordeal. Something, sadly, that can't be said of him and his appearance fee.

Hahaha.  I'll think about that the next time the add comes on.

With all respect to Mr Legstrong, he is awesome, Im a huge fan, just those damn commentators wont shut up about him.

...slow day at the office....

...from guardian.co.uk...

According to Pierce Brosnan in his new commercial for L'Or?al' date=' "there's more to life than making films." Hard to believe, I know, but get this, he's actually right. There's death, for a start. And bingo. That's two. And grappling with imponderables like why Bombay Mix isn't called "Mumbai Mix" yet. There's also gift-wrapping your dignity and handing it over to a global cosmetics giant as well. But we'll leave that for now. Carry on 007. "Fighting for the causes I believe in," he adds, which, apparently, appears to be man's inalienable right to ride horses on beaches and shoot pool with your square-jawed mates. Noble causes, I'm sure you'll agree. Maybe Bob Geldof should get involved. Get Bono on board. Take equestrianism and pub sports into developing nations. Make boredom history. But wait, there's more: "But you've got to keep up," he continues. "It's the same with my skin." And therein lies the rub.

Pierce Brosnan is 54 years old and yet his skin resembles that of someone maybe 20 years his junior. His secret? A soft focus on the camera lens perhaps? Skin grafts from Keira Knightley's rump? Nope, it's L'Or?al's Vita Life tautening cream, that's what. Yeah, right. Most of the 54-year-olds I've ever seen have nasal hair like shoe laces and ear lobes that scrape on the pavement. As for their faces, well, they look like a plate of spaghetti and no amount of tautening cream is going change that, even if it is one used by James Bond. "You're worth it," concludes Brosnan at the end of the ordeal. Something, sadly, that can't be said of him and his appearance fee.

[/quote']

ClapLOLLOLLOL

I opened the July issue of bicycling this month. that stupid plonker has taken up about 75% of an already crappy mag

Well that serves you right for spending money on bicyling magazine.  What is the headline story? Climb like Lance in 4 weeks?

Well that serves you right for spending money on bicyling magazine.  What is the headline story? Climb like Lance in 4 weeks?

haha.. oddly enough, i havent ever paid for bicyling mag, yet they insist on sending it to me. I normally dont even bother reading it and give it away.

however, being the TDF, I thought there might be something interesting in it.

seems i was wrong