Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Airbender. Will be missing you on the ride though - it's just not the same. See you at the Burger :thumbup:

On a lighter note - I am vrek sore from running 3Km on Fish Hoek beach yesterday. Thought I'd kill a bit of time waiting to do my lifesaving retest and went for a jog - man, my calves are still sore (from the soft sand) and my back is a bit stiff too. Cross training just doesn't do it sometimes.

Safe riding guys. Ciao :thumbup:

Now WHY, OH WHY, would you wanna cross train 5 days before the DC?!

You are such a high-energy dude... Take a book to read next time... :P

Now WHY, OH WHY, would you wanna cross train 5 days before the DC?!

You are such a high-energy dude... Take a book to read next time... :P

It was because I couldn't take my bike with :P It was in lock down for the weekend for that minor service. Getting it back this afternoon after work.

It was because I couldn't take my bike with :P It was in lock down for the weekend for that minor service. Getting it back this afternoon after work.

Next time, SirK:

1/ Save your legs.

2/ Do push ups, stretches, core exercises and a self-massage of da legs. Before you know it, the hour glass is empty and you would have done some form of strengthening that will benefit your cycling. :blush:

All the best with dat rear wheel maintenance! :rolleyes:

bikemonster,

You going out for your routine Fri early morning 40 kay ride with JP Dude?

I am heading out at 0530 for a 3 hr ride.

Would love to share some mileage with the Scott... and peel of for another 1.5 hr on my own.

Let me know if you get this... :rolleyes:

bikemonster,

You going out for your routine Fri early morning 40 kay ride with JP Dude?

I am heading out at 0530 for a 3 hr ride.

Would love to share some mileage with the Scott... and peel of for another 1.5 hr on my own.

Let me know if you get this... :rolleyes:

Yep. Most likely doing Wellington Rd tomorrow. We'll leave St John's Racecourse at 5:30-5:35, and hit Wellington at corner Lubbe (I think it is), at the bottom of the hill before Durmonte as you head out.

If anybody else wants to join, feel free. We'll aim at around 28km/h average speed but we'll fit the distance to our speed and not the other way 'round.

Yep. Most likely doing Wellington Rd tomorrow. We'll leave St John's Racecourse at 5:30-5:35, and hit Wellington at corner Lubbe (I think it is), at the bottom of the hill before Durmonte as you head out.

If anybody else wants to join, feel free. We'll aim at around 28km/h average speed but we'll fit the distance to our speed and not the other way 'round.

Great!

Meet you at the Wellington / Lubbe-Boland traffic lights at 05h35ish. The foot of the hill! :thumbup:

Will you have your new wheels on (yet)? :blush:

If you didn't do the DC, join me for a ride tomorrow morning, leaving corner Durban and Old Oak at 6.30. Heading to Stellies, up Old Helz, then back down new Helz and back to Durbanville via Fisantekraal, then over Vissershok, through CONTermanskloof and back over Tiekiedraai.

Aiming to average around 28km/h, depending on whether conditions and testosterone levels.

If you didn't do the DC, join me for a ride tomorrow morning, leaving corner Durban and Old Oak at 6.30. Heading to Stellies, up Old Helz, then back down new Helz and back to Durbanville via Fisantekraal, then over Vissershok, through CONTermanskloof and back over Tiekiedraai.

Aiming to average around 28km/h, depending on whether conditions and testosterone levels.

Be safe out there, bikemonster and Company...

It is very gusty out there this morning. Phew!

My 80 km ride is tomorrow morning. Hope this gale like wind goes down. :blink:

With the wind blowing as it was, I scaled back my ambitions. We ended up riding out on Adderley, back - into the teeth of the wind - along Wellington, then over Vissershok and up Tiekiedraai fore brekkie at Nitida.

Apologies if anybody was waiting for us!

You guys miss us? This thread looks quiet seeing that most of us did the DC :lol:

See you guys this Sunday for the Burger :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chris and Geno - what group are yuou guys starting Die burger?

I'm D and Garth is C

David, #1 it's Kris :P

MariusL is leaving in A

I am in B

Airbender is in C

Wannabe didn't enter in time but we organised a substitution so he'll know today what his start number is gonna be.

Who else is there that normally rides with us? :blink:

p.s. My father in law is in H

edit: I think Bikemonster and his training buddy. JP, are in D

Archived