My new lights

thysmeades

Pretty conclusive pics of a newer design on the troutlight  that there are a load of lumens bouncing around inside a light trying to get out .

this is with the front blanked off with a bit of matt black metal  so the only light is from the bottom of the led compartment
I had to go down to 4 second @ f4 as it was too bright at the 6 secs setting

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture053.jpg

and this is with the bottom covered over  so as a standard light
and the bottom is with it all opened up

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture054.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture055.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that looks awesome Troutie !

The hard work you put into your projects certainly results in a excellent product.

FARK, Troutie!

That's a real blinder! Kinda shows the losses we're all having due to lights being incorrectly designed, and not taking advantage of the potential "spill" of that you normally get around the globe (LED in this case)

Sure can't wait to try my hand at getting my own light made. Going to be a struggle, but worth it in the end.

Oh, and welcome to the Hub.

We now need to see a picture of your bike, sitting in it's rightful place - the couch.

SmileJust a quick report on my experience with the 3 LED light. Firstly I order my stuff via Extremeshop, my rating out of 3/10. The stuff arrived weeks later. They don?t have any means of communication, other than that I think the rating would have been better.

I had to reorder the lens from Cutter.

My LED?s was pasted on with pratly steel but the one was misaligned. So make sure the LED?S are aligned. I would suggest silicon to fix the LED to the Lens then Past onto the Heat sink permanently.

I use an old video head as a holder as it is made from ALU. I mounted it on my old RAVX light mount works perfectly. My batteries I order from Akita.co.za. 2300mAh NiMh All this was fitted in a water bottle. The driver was from Rabtron buckpack 1000mA. I used a selector switch instead of the pot to dim

I hope this could help someone as all your ideas helped me

I don?t think my light is as bright as supernova but then it does not cost the same and the application is not as intense

Hi Troutie! Good to see you here on our forum!

Question. I just received my spares from Cutters and hipflex from George. I got 4 CMC-ss and 4 x CMC-rs reflector, my predicament is that I don't know the radiation angles on these. Any help?

Secondly, the MCE's I received are on stars and I am not sure whether they are parallel or series or series/parallel connected. How do I find out?

Last but not least, do you have a diagram on how to connect these babies. I am making the insane quad light for myself.

grassie@absamail.co.za

Thanks Schwynn

You dont really need to know the angles for the optics  just which one is the best  the MCE as you may know is a Pita as far as optics go and getting a beam that throws farther than 40 mtrs .

I have tried nearly all the optics out there and as I am doing another quad also the optic of my choice will be the CMC RS as it came out as the best of the 20 mm mce optics  , the total best one is the Ledil Iris but then your light would be huge with 4 of them .

The down side for the RS is the hole down the middle so it needs a cover over them 

You will not have any problems with flood as there is masses of flood

for those who have not seen a quad MCE in action have a look at this

Your MCEs need to be wired in parallel and then wired in series for the hipflex   put a pic up of one  as close as you can and we should be able to tell the config of it

I can do you a diagram when we know what your stars are .

Good on you for haveing a go at an insane .

Did you enquire a while ago  , Grassie rings a bell

Dont forget pics

Oooh,Another insane quad? Pics please..

I have got around the CMC RS hole by using a 2mm glass lense. I'm still waiting to get my light back from the mag so that I can swap all the bits over to the modified housing..will post some pics when I get it all together. Hopefully it'll get a much better throw than the SS's

Steve

Thanks Schwynn

?

You dont really need to know the angles for the optics? just which one is the best? the MCE as you may know is a Pita as far as optics go and getting a beam that throws farther than 40 mtrs .

?

I have tried nearly all the optics out there and as I am doing another quad also the optic of my choice will be the CMC RS as it came out as the best of the 20 mm mce optics? ' date=' the total best one is the Ledil Iris but then your light would be huge with 4 of them .

?

The down side for the RS is the hole down the middle so it needs a cover over them?

You will not have any problems with flood as there is masses of flood

?

for those who have not seen a quad MCE in action have a look at this

?

?

Your MCEs need to be wired in parallel and then wired in series for the hipflex?? put a pic up of one? as close as you can and we should be able to tell the config of it

?

I can do you a diagram when we know what your stars are .

?

Good on you for haveing a go at an insane .

Did you enquire a while ago? , Grassie rings a bell

?

Dont forget pics

?
[/quote']

Yep, That's me! smiley36.gif

It Looks like a parallel star from what I can make out 

one way to check is do you have a multimeter

if yes  set it to continuity check  and put one probe on a pad on the right

and touch the other probe to each leg on the right  and it will bleep if it is parallel  as all the 4 legs on one side should be connected together 

Thanx Troutie will do. Now, Will a 18V battery do the trick or should I go for a 22V battery? Actually I'm an Idiot! I should have checked it with a multimeter anyway. They are parallel. Schwynn2009-08-03 10:43:55

OK so it is nice and easy then

just connect all 4 stars in series to your hipflex and you are cooking

An 18 volt is perfect  though I run mine off a 14.8 volt   just the 40 mins runtime on full is a bit bad.LOL

Oooh' date='Another insane quad? Pics please..

I have got around the CMC RS hole by using a 2mm glass lense. I'm still waiting to get my light back from the mag so that I can swap all the bits over to the modified housing..will post some pics when I get it all together. Hopefully it'll get a much better throw than the SS's

Steve[/quote']

Deesta, I am not sure yet what I am going to do for a casing. I do have 50mm allu stock lying around in my workshop from when I was a model yacht fanatic. Will see what I can come up with. smiley1.gif

OK I have just been out for the beamshots of the new lumen liberator light LOL

and here they are  on hi and low

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture056.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture057.jpg

I hope you like them