My new lights

thysmeades

I've ordered one of Deesta's housings, so should be able to start night racing soon.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered one of Deesta's housings' date=' so should be able to start night racing soon.

[/quote']

they are awesome housings, PERFECTION CNC work...

I ordered 4, but unfortunately two were badly damaged in the post, remember to ask Steve to wrap them very well. Are you going to run with 3 mce's or 3 xre's.

Going to use XRE's.

The wiring of the MCE's left me totally confused, so went for the easier option. LOL

Going to use XRE's.The wiring of the MCE's left me totally confused' date=' so went for the easier option. LOL

[/quote']

It actually looks and sounds more difficult than what it is. I've got 4 stars with leds connected in parallel and in turn the stars need to be connected in series. Once you've got that little string sorted, you will be left with one positive and one negative wire. Connect that to the points on you driver as indicated. smiley1.gif

THE Supernova CuBe is coming!! watch this space!!

weight = almost nothing

optics = customisable (carclo optics)

led's = 4 x cree XPE each on 10mm PCB / protective polycarbonate lens cover. both front and back.

Driver = maxflex

Lumens = 700+

size = 32mm x 32mm x 32mm

Some cool features I will leave for later once first model is up and running. Enjoy! Thys

20090817_075326_cube-front.jpg

20090817_075408_Cube-rear.jpg

20090817_075536_17082009427.jpg

20090817_075620_17082009428.jpg

Going to use XRE's.

The wiring of the MCE's left me totally confused' date=' so went for the easier option. LOL

[/quote']

Thug, try this. it's works (triple MCE in 2 parallel strings of 6 in series)

driver maxflex

battery 14.4 v

took me the whole flipping weekend to work it out. you will be surprised how unhelpful people can be when it comes to sharing knowledge. I am an open book and if I can help, i will. try it and enjoy the light!!!

regards

Thys

20090817_082820_15082009424.jpg

Hi Thys

I Hope you dont mean me being unhelpfull

I saw your mail and also saw someone had replied to your post on mtbr so did not reply Wink

Nice little light your doing there but it may be too little

4 XPEs will kick out a fair bit of heat to get rid of .

Hi troutie, i don't mean you, as I know you are on the mtbr thread.

Just lacking a bit of confidence with this type of thing. got it eventually even with the help of someone on the mtbr threat. I was refering to the very early days of light building. Cry

Thanks for your comments. Yes, this tiny little thing still has to be proven, but I am very excited about it so far.

BTW: the six XPE i built (and you designed Wink) did one of the toughest challenges in the MTB world this past weekend, and passed with flying colours! The chap who used it said he had more than enough light and could descend super fast leaving dust for many riders to follow. Battery lasted and it didn't miss a beat.

will keep the thread updated with the Cube's progress. also looking fwd to seeing some updates on the lumen liberator. did you get the XPG's yet. can wait to see what that is going into...

The cube is coming soon....

More pics with the led's and optics in place.

20090818_012158_18082009430.jpg

20090818_012227_18082009433.jpg

Smaller than a triple AAA battery

20090818_011545_18082009434.jpg

Poly carb front and back on soon, then I have to find space for the driver, DC connector and switch in the back. It's going to be a very tight squeeze!!!

Going to use XRE's.The wiring of the MCE's left me totally confused' date=' so went for the easier option. LOL

[/quote']

It actually looks and sounds more difficult than what it is. I've got 4 stars with leds connected in parallel and in turn the stars need to be connected in series. Once you've got that little string sorted, you will be left with one positive and one negative wire. Connect that to the points on you driver as indicated. smiley1.gif

hehe, that's the problem. I don't know my series from my parallel LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Thys 

Just popped in for a look as have been pretty busy lately

nice little light you got going there   Clap

and also to show you what has been going on in the Trout hatchery

the new light is nearly here  just waiting for the XPG leds

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/LIBERATOR/lumen-liberator010.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/LIBERATOR/lumen-liberator019.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/LIBERATOR/DSC02733.jpg

Hey Troutie, thanks for your comments.forum_images/post_button_smiley.gif I rode this morning with the CUBE and it's amazing what those 4 XPE's can do. Your new light is a winner. I am so looking fwd to the beam shots with the XPg's. (love the colours too!) I have 10 XPG's on back order as well. I have a few improvements on the cube and have a "Flat 6" on the cards which is my own take on a 6xpe. (only 20mm thick)

For me though, summer is coming so not too may dark rides left. but I will be ready for the winter next year :)

we will be in touch. regards

Thys