My new lights

thysmeades

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked Any chance of shipping one of those to the Netherlands?!

Sure thing Willehond I will ship them anywhere on the planet  if needed

when I have some more housings made up  ( Cry Deesta Cry)

Schwynn

the lumen liberator is this one

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture046.jpg

OK I have just been out for the beamshots of the new lumen liberator light LOL

and here they are  on hi and low

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/Picture056.jpg

I hope you like them

Troutie, that light on full just looks awesome! I wasn't taking note, are you runnning XP-G or XP-E's in that Lumen libirator?

Thys 

I wish ,   The XPG is not on general release yetCry  hopefully the middle of this month

so I have had to make do with the R2 XPEs

Troutie, have you thought about making a smaller housing to fit a 2 or 3 XPE for the head and to leave the normal 6 x XPE as a bar mount ?

If you did have a smaller housing, would you still use the Maxflex to power 2 or 3 XPE's?

Troutie' date=' have you thought about making a smaller housing to fit a 2 or 3 XPE for the head and to leave the normal 6 x XPE as a bar mount ?

If you did have a smaller housing, would you still use the Maxflex to power 2 or 3 XPE's?
[/quote']

Yes I do have plans for a quad  light for the XPGs as 4 of those will be the slightly higher output than 6 of the XPEs are now so it will be more efficient

also the forward voltage is rumoured to be a little less for the XPGs so it will be a win win situation .

Yes 4 XP?s will quite happily run from a 14.8 volt li ion pack and a Bflex

In fact a quad might  be more popular than the 6 I think and who needs 2000 lumens for a bike light Winkreally

Troutie - am I correct in saying that the Liberator just has an extra bit of alu removed, and replaced by a section of plexi in order to complete the liberation?

Or have you made a completely new, kinked cover for the optics?

It's a wicked result though. I imagine the photo's (as normal) just do not do the enhancements any justice.

cptmayhem2009-08-04 11:53:31

Troutie' date=' have you thought about making a smaller housing to fit a 2 or 3 XPE for the head and to leave the normal 6 x XPE as a bar mount ?

[/quote']

Yes I do have plans for a quad  light for the XPGs as 4 of those will be the slightly higher output than 6 of the XPEs are now so it will be more efficient

also the forward voltage is rumoured to be a little less for the XPGs so it will be a win win situation .

Yes 4 XP?s will quite happily run from a 14.8 volt li ion pack and a Bflex

In fact a quad might  be more popular than the 6 I think and who needs 2000 lumens for a bike light Winkreally

Sorry, missed your post yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of the XPG's Smile

As a matter of interest, are you still selling your XPE housings ?

Troutie - am I correct in saying that the Liberator just has an extra bit of alu removed' date=' and replaced by a section of plexi in order to complete the liberation?

Or have you made a completely new, kinked cover for the optics?

It's a wicked result though. I imagine the photo's (as normal) just do not do the enhancements any justice.
[/quote']

Yes you are correct   it is a redesign of the whole housing though

with some improvements to make it easier to self assemble .

The improvement to the beam over the mark 1 troutlight  is pretty astounding  with just that mod .

Sorry' date=' missed your post yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of the XPG's Smile

As a matter of interest, are you still selling your XPE housings ?
[/quote']

Yes I plan on carring on selling the housings as a kit  or built up  or just the housings 

I am out of stock at the moment (DEESTA please helpCry )

which is why I am hand making the odd one  for testing the new XPGs soon ,

but each time I make a prototype  someone buys it .

the last one was mailed out yesterday .

I am halfways through making another  and it is sold already .

gonna keep the next one a secret  till it has some Xpgs inside it . LOL

Troutie' date=' how many lumens does this light liberate? smiley36.gif [/quote']

good question  maths not being my strong suit

on paper the 6 xpes should be approx 1200 lumens 

the optics are 88% efficient  so out the front maybe 1000 lumens

that leaves 200 lumens rattling around inside trying to escape 

now I have opened the door to them  but have no way to measure how many make a sucessfull jail break  but it seems to be quite a few and if the top of the led cavity was polished to a mirror shine then that would reflect even more out the bottom

Thanx, was just wondering smiley20.gif

I'm sitting here scratching my head and a couple of other things, trying to come up with a housing from a piece of 45mm round aluminium. It is going to take a lot of machining to get it light enough. smiley29.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Trans baviaans report back. 3 out of 3!!!

Hi Guys, I am very pleased and relieved to say that all 3 lights that went to the baviaans performed admirably. (the pocket rocket - trouties design, the triple - midas torch head, and the d-star, UK housing with Cree Q5's) The report back I am getting from all 3 guys that rode it, was that they had no reliability issues, ample light - much more than they needed, and could decend much faster than those around them due to the quality and amount of light. With a report like that, who can complain!

Well done to all the finishers of the race. My team pulled out at the last minute due to illness. Next year!