Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

You can also google the tubing different tubing... So many variations. I don't think there is ever a wrong or wright answer. These old foggies liked to experiment on their builds.

I have a Peugeot Rapport with experimental tubing...

Erm! Viner is Italian, not Frog.

Interesting fact that after 66 years, Viner ceased manufacturing in June (I think) 2013.

So there will not be any more Viners, yours will grow in value.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current project .........early 80's Master

20090804_085004_P1015558.jpg20090804_085044_P1015555.jpg20090804_085128_P1015563.jpg20090804_085203_P1015566.jpg

Very nice. There is one on sale here in Cape Town. Unfortunately the owner resprayed it however to a terrible looking red and black and it is a size 60 which is a bit big.

Very nice. There is one on sale here in Cape Town. Unfortunately the owner resprayed it however to a terrible looking red and black and it is a size 60 which is a bit big.

Just my size  :w00t:

I bought this "Gios Torino" recently but the colour looks a bit off.post-51655-0-49472000-1438175794_thumb.jpg It does have the "Gios" markings on the BB thoughpost-51655-0-72964000-1438175952_thumb.jpg. The other problem is, and I don't have photos at the moment, the cable guides going into the top tube have been broken off leaving two nasty looking holes. Any opinions on the origin of the frame. Size wise it is between 53 and 54. I was in two minds about buying it but just could not resist. Maybe I will clean and close up the holes and keep it as an ornament.

Just dropped my Somec off at Hunter Cycling for a service and a few other things. Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow

Where are Hunter Cycling now?

I bought this "Gios Torino" recently but the colour looks a bit off.attachicon.gifGios.jpg It does have the "Gios" markings on the BB thoughattachicon.gifGios BB.jpg. The other problem is, and I don't have photos at the moment, the cable guides going into the top tube have been broken off leaving two nasty looking holes. Any opinions on the origin of the frame. Size wise it is between 53 and 54. I was in two minds about buying it but just could not resist. Maybe I will clean and close up the holes and keep it as an ornament.

Not a Torino!!!!!!!!!

But, I think you may have been INCREDIBLY lucky.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDcyMA==/z/ScgAAOSwrklVcGUr/$_12.JPG

Look here:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/GIOS-Cinquantenario-50-50th-bici-corsa-Racing-bike-Campagnolo-Record-Vintage-/301657768166?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item463c3440e6

Have spent about 16 hours over the last 48 on this!

post-25781-0-87195300-1438007791.jpg

Almost done! 

The forks will have to be rechormed. 

The rear triangle is not great at all, but I've cleaned and polished as much as I can, so it's going to have to do. 

The chrome is not great, but the paintwork is good. So rather keep the paint and not rechrome the whole frame and then have to repaint.

I'll post pics in about 1/2 an hour.

PS: LC, both my SOMECs are too big for you.

Did you try the silver foil trick? http://www.robertscycle.com/chrome-clean.html

Just dropped my Somec off at Hunter Cycling for a service and a few other things. Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow

I saw it there this afternoon, beautiful bike

So my Shimano 600 Arabesque leavers have arrived from Pedal Pedlar in the UKpost-51655-0-92331600-1438203009_thumb.jpg and the brake levers on its way from JHB. Now all I need is everything else to make up the group :lol: Anyone hiding some 600 Arabesque parts let me know.

So my Shimano 600 Arabesque leavers have arrived from Pedal Pedlar in the UKattachicon.gif600.jpg and the brake levers on its way from JHB. Now all I need is everything else to make up the group :lol: Anyone hiding some 600 Arabesque parts let me know.

Eppie, I think I have an RD and FD, But I'm in MOz till next weekend. So remind me about the 10th and I'll check though my boxes.

Edited by HeyYou

Eppie, I think I have an RD and FD, But I'm in MOz till next weekend. So remind me about the 10th and I'll check though my boxes.

Thanks, I will set a reminder.