Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had a productive afternoon listening to Mix FX and having one or two cold draughts.

Daccordi track bike estimated from late 80's?

My first build not using Italian (or European) parts on an Italian frame.

Apart from NOS Miche Primato BB the remaining parts are:

Drive chain: Suntour Superbe crank  50T chainring (jazzed up old crank bolts which were a mishmash of makers)

KMC chain

Durace 16t sprocket

Suntour Superbe pista pedals with NOS Christophe toeclips and old Le Tour straps

Wheelset: DuraAce 7400 hubs on Wolber aero rims with new Vittoria SC Rallye tubbies

Shimano 600 seat post with Vetta saddle (Sugino seat pin)

Levin Tange headset

Ditto Craft stem with 3ttt bars (don't have any pista bars, sorry!) with San Marco bar tape

Is this yours, in which case it looks a bit big, or is it for our mutual friend?

Regardless, you did a fantastic job. Come visit sometime, I'll get bikes and parts ready!

Is this yours, in which case it looks a bit big, or is it for our mutual friend?

Regardless, you did a fantastic job. Come visit sometime, I'll get bikes and parts ready!

Yes, it's mine and yes too big for me but I could not resist buying the frame.

I will be in PE from Sept 19th for a week. Get fit, as we are hoping to do a couple of rides. How about organising a retro ride for either the 20th or 26th?

Yes, it's mine and yes too big for me but I could not resist buying the frame.

I will be in PE from Sept 19th for a week. Get fit, as we are hoping to do a couple of rides. How about organising a retro ride for either the 20th or 26th?

My size..... just saying :whistling:

My size toooooooo!!!!

I think I'm in Moz again about 23rd Sept. No certainty yet, if not, definitely, I'll drive up and we can join those retro PE guys!!!

So normally I would always try to preserve the original paint , but here I have a dilemma. The Colnago is a Superissimo SLX with a ghastly re spray. It originally had a Retinato paint job like the photo. Not sure how much this would cost though and who would be capable of doing it for me. I had thought to maybe go with a single colour like Sarroni red . The Pinarello is Columbus SL Treviso. Paint is original but like many Pinarellos of this era , has lost its decals. The quality of the original paint job is very average and as you can see on the top tube , has also started to flake. Am undecided whether I should try to preserve and touch up the paint here , or undertake a full re spray.

post-47227-0-24674600-1439136202_thumb.jpg

post-47227-0-97242900-1439136294_thumb.jpg

post-47227-0-99853200-1439136333_thumb.jpg

post-47227-0-95047300-1439136353_thumb.jpg

So normally I would always try to preserve the original paint , but here I have a dilemma. The Colnago is a Superissimo SLX with a ghastly re spray. It originally had a Retinato paint job like the photo. Not sure how much this would cost though and who would be capable of doing it for me. I had thought to maybe go with a single colour like Sarroni red . The Pinarello is Columbus SL Treviso. Paint is original but like many Pinarellos of this era , has lost its decals. The quality of the original paint job is very average and as you can see on the top tube , has also started to flake. Am undecided whether I should try to preserve and touch up the paint here , or undertake a full re spray.

Because the Colnago has already been sprayed, I would do it again. You can only add value.

I have a Pinarello Montello frame also in bad condition. Planning to re chrome and spray back to original. From pics of your Pinarello the touch ups are almost going to cause 80-90% of the frame being re sprayed in any event. I would re spray

Edited by Loose cog

We will be arranging another ride soon and will post on this thread and send a whatsapp to the retro group which is growing all the time

What is the route?

Hello

I'm looking for two Campy brake hoods, circa 93/94. Can you buy them locally or do I have order them internationally?

Brake hoods alone, or Ergo lever hoods????

Either one you'll probably have to buy overseas!!

You'll be surprised at the prices. A couple of pages ago I posted about replacement hoods from Harry Hall Cycles in the UK. Not Campag hoods, but good replacements. 

Edited by HeyYou