Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Hi guys

I'm looking for a cassette for my Somec. I'm currently running 52-42 up front and 12-21 in the back so I'm running out of gears on some of the steeper hills. I rode up to the Northclif tower this morning and was in serious need of some more gears.

Anyone have something they're willing to part with?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Campy Record from around '91

If you find any 8 speed campy cassettes with anything bigger than 21 teeth, let me know too, I have the same lack of legs issue.

Hi guys I'll be heading out to Durban next week just wanted to know if there are any cycle shops out there that sells vintage bicycles and parts?

Hi guys I'll be heading out to Durban next week just wanted to know if there are any cycle shops out there that sells vintage bicycles and parts?

Hi Kamaalo , none that I know of . You are welcome to come and visit me if you want to have a look at some bikes but I am some way from Durban . If you flying its really out of the way but if you driving you will come past if you go via Bloem .

After hearing about the local L Eroica next year , I decided I needed a local retro ride . Found this cool Peugeot Classique yesterday . All original except for the brake levers . Needs some love , especially the paint which is quite badly damaged in places but excited about the project .

post-47227-0-04858400-1446054641_thumb.jpg

Bring something back for me from Durban :lol:

lol let me know what

Maybe Rolfalps has a nice 70's frame size 58 that takes a clamp on fd and downtube shifters in his collection. I see he invited you to come and checkout his bikes :lol:

Campy Record from around '91

If you find any 8 speed campy cassettes with anything bigger than 21 teeth, let me know too, I have the same lack of legs issue.

I will check this afternoon and let you know. Found a larger 10spd cassette and also an old SRAM 8spd cassette

You can still buy new ones. I think 13-26 is the biggest you can go.

Beauty of Campag is that you can buy and fit individual cogs.

Camag make up to a 31, I think, which you can buy directly from them. Miche make them too, but significantly cheaper, so you can make up your own 8 speed. The cogs are all the same thickness, as far as I know, it's the spacers that count. 

I have a couple of 8 speeds running up to 28, I need them!!!!

Bought a 12 - 28 ... 10 speed the other day, bought it specifically for the 28 tooth.

Edited by HeyYou