Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

DJR this is for you.

I've told you about her and I think I posted a few pics some time ago, but today I rode her for the first time (like a virgin!!!).

Very similar to yours, though I had to find a fork and have left it as bought.. I think mine is an early Bi-Titan, as it says only Titanio, so probably 1993/1994. 

I've dressed mine in 1st generation 10 speed Record Titanium, from 2000, so it's sort of modern retro!

post-25781-0-71882800-1512144310_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-57378200-1512144328_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DJR this is for you.

I've told you about her and I think I posted a few pics some time ago, but today I rode her for the first time (like a virgin!!!).

Very similar to yours, though I had to find a fork and have left it as bought.. I think mine is an early Bi-Titan, as it says only Titanio, so probably 1993/1994. 

I've dressed mine in 1st generation 10 speed Record Titanium, from 2000, so it's sort of modern retro!

Mine also just says Titanio on the top tube. 

DJR this is for you.

Oooh . . .   Very very nice. 

I love those Bi-titan frames. 

Just so "something else"  for lack of better words. 

When I just began "Hubbing" there was a frame in classifieds, but I was  to ignorant to really appreciate what I was looking at.  

Tommasini Super Prestige, probably late 80s, early 90s. Sort of a retro modern build. Campagnolo Record, carbon 10 speed, with 2009 Campagnolo Khamsin wheels.

Thanks QuintonB for the frame.

It's taken me a long time to sort this one out. It obviously spent a significant part of it's life in KZN, the BB was locked in place and the rear brake retaining Alan bolt was absolutely stuck!!!  Eventually managed to get everything unstuck and off. I had to wait a few months for yellow cable housing (now that it's on, I'm not sure I shouldn't perhaps have used white!).But, at least the bar tape is sexy late 80s.

Anyway, finished it today, ready to ride sometime soon.

post-25781-0-54144400-1512307493_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-25107000-1512307511_thumb.jpg

post-25781-0-13160600-1512307542_thumb.jpg

DJR this is for you.

Whooops!!!!

I must be getting old!

The Master Titanio BiTitan is dressed in Chorus 9 speed, I think 1998. Not Record. And some more searching shows this to be a MASTER TITANIO BITITAN, so probably a bit later than 93/94, more like 95/96.

Edited by HeyYou

I need a 26" suspension fork from the early nineties.... preferably an old RS Judy SL (yes, the ones that literally just pi55ed out all their oil) or the likes.

Building up an old GT Xizang Titanium 26" hard tail.   I have most of an LX group from back then, but need a fork that is period specific.

I recently acquired a bike with Columbus MXL tubing and not having seen this before I did some "Google research" and came across this interesting article. It does actually look like the top is smaller in diameter than the other tubes.Excuse the stem it is still a work in progress. attachicon.gifcorsa.jpg  http://www.veloaficionado.com/blog/columbus-mini-max-tubing-a-helpful-guide

Eddy Merckx MX Leader. Probably the best steel bike ever built.  The Corsa was its lighter brother.....

For the connoisseurs of interesting old vintage bicycle parts, this Ambrosio stem is a flea market find and according to Velobase probably a first generation stem based on the fact that a word on the stem's right side has a spelling error ('Jtaly' instead of 'Italy') which might indicate that this was Ambrosio's first, rushed attempt at the model.post-51655-0-84550700-1512985831_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-85374700-1512985835_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-41321900-1512985854_thumb.jpg

For the connoisseurs of interesting old vintage bicycle parts, this Ambrosio stem is a flea market find and according to Velobase probably a first generation stem based on the fact that a word on the stem's right side has a spelling error ('Jtaly' instead of 'Italy') which might indicate that this was Ambrosio's first, rushed attempt at the model.attachicon.gif20171211_112700.jpgattachicon.gif20171211_112706.jpgattachicon.gif20171211_112715.jpg

Is Jtaly part of Nambia? Asking for an American friend.

Tommasini Super Prestige, probably late 80s, early 90s. Sort of a retro modern build. Campagnolo Record, carbon 10 speed, with 2009 Campagnolo Khamsin wheels.

---.But, at least the bar tape is sexy late 80s.

Nice bike!

Where did you get that bar tape BTW?

I'm doing up a Biannchi that came out with that exact tape so looking for it locally before I do the e-bay thing.

Nice bike!

Where did you get that bar tape BTW?

I'm doing up a Biannchi that came out with that exact tape so looking for it locally before I do the e-bay thing

Ive got fuasta coppi tape yellow with green lying in a bottom draw unboxed

Francisco Moser Super Record (79-80?) set up for Eroica next year hence the "Sora RD" and ballon 32mm Conti's.

Priceless !

Do those Contis fit on normal width rims ?

Hi barryW.

I got the bartape from SanFrancisco, he might have some left. If not, pm me and I'll have a look if have another roll.

Thanks HeyYou,

Eppie sorted me out :)

I love this thread and all the retro guys that are keen to help with all the bits we need.