Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Got myself a couple of school bikes. Going to restore them. Looking for someone thet can make me stickers like the REYNOLDS frame stickers. Please help.

Cyclomondo on Ebay ... the best stickers.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself a couple of school bikes. Going to restore them. Looking for someone thet can make me stickers like the REYNOLDS frame stickers. Please help.

I found these decals better than others, you get them in "waterslide" which is how the original decals on old bikes were applied. : http://www.hlloydcycles.com/

Picked up this '93 Basso Coral.

Frame says 50cm, but cc is 51.5 square.

Columbus CroMo (apparently was Matrix until Trek pulled copyright).

Anyone on this thread interested, before I advertise in classifieds?

Edited by heyyou

Took old Hercules for a spin at Moonlight Mass last night. Slow and heavy with dodgy brakes doesn't make for easy crowd riding. It made up with attitude though.

Is the back brake backpedal??

Looks a bit like a Philips I used to ride to school. Was Sturmy Archer 3 speed, but then turned into a fixie, girls were very impressed!!!!

Looks a bit like a Philips I used to ride to school. Was Sturmy Archer 3 speed, but then turned into a fixie, girls were very impressed!!!!

Back brake also mechanical, with mech just behind BB

Does anyone have a chrome plating company that they can recommend in Johannesburg area?

Sheffield Electroplating

Rosettenville Road

It's a Hercules, was made in England, it dates from late 1920 or early 1930 and it has been in the family since then. It was restored by Jared Mahoney from BMC. It is single speed, no backpedal brake, Check somewhere earlier in this thread for the details and pictures of the transformation.

(See Page109)

Edited by DJR