Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I agree with the above. From my understanding is the SC had a slightly wider diameter at the BB tube than the head diameter. The size increased from the down shifters. What throws me out is the top tube is also crimped leading me to think it is a Master. Cippo can you measure the down tube diameter?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea which Nago this is? Original paint but scratched and chipped. Only markings is the Colnago inscription on chainstays and the clover's in lugs. Top tube and downtube are ribbed. I doubt its a Master as they all had chrome lugs (as if I know what I'm talking about). Possibly a Super?

Looks like a Colnago Sport to me.

The lower end of the Colnago pyramid, fewer chrome bits and lower end groupos.

But still a beauty!

To my knowledge all Supers were round section tubes.

Edited by HeyYou

Just confirmed again that people hanging out in this thread knows more about bicycles than the rest of the Hub put together and they are keen to share. :thumbup:

Can second that. I will be taking this opportunity to learn as much and start to learn how to work on my bikes myself. If I can take it apart, I sure as hell can put it back together.

Bar tape, cable housing, bottle cage style and colours are all personal taste. Go with what you feel works. Hey, we even went luminiferous in the 80's.

I had an Alan an new many that rode one, but I have never seen the one in the picture above. Eas definately the earlier pits with ALAN stamped into the lugs.

I will take more pics and measurements today. I'm trying to negotiate a price for the frame. What ever it is its gonna be a makeover project for me. I found a NOS Cinelli Giro bar as well and there is a VGC Rolls at home for it. The chrome on fork still looks good. The rest will be a respray when funds allow.

From this website I got the pic of the fork that my Alan has, although it maybe isn't the same one, it appears to be very similar. Sohttp://web.archive.o.../roadforks.html

Could be a later, perhaps even early 90s, model ALAN. The seat post lug is different to my Super Record, sort of more 'slimline' / rounded, so maybe it is a later model.

Although still has only 1 pair of water bottle lugs and top tube cable guides, which suggests early 80s.

Going to need lots more pics, and close ups, to sort it out.

Edited by HeyYou

Could be a later, perhaps even early 90s, model ALAN. The seat post lug is different to my Super Record, sort of more 'slimline' / rounded, so maybe it is a later model.

Although still has only 1 pair of water bottle lugs and top tube cable guides, which suggests early 80s.

Going to need lots more pics, and close ups, to sort it out.

Will do...I'm picking up the frame this afternoon....struggled to get the cranks off and didn't want to stuff it up, so will take a few close ups of frame and fork tonight. The wheels were a bit out of true, so had that sorted out today as well. So tonight the sanding will start. Damn this is lekke stuff, feeling super excited, will see what other info I can find as well. Thanks once again

Edited by RudoJ

I agree with the above. From my understanding is the SC had a slightly wider diameter at the BB tube than the head diameter. The size increased from the down shifters. What throws me out is the top tube is also crimped leading me to think it is a Master. Cippo can you measure the down tube diameter?

The downtube is 30x30mm and it is shapes like a 4 leaf clover. The top tube is oval straight on sides and rounded on top and bottom 23x27mm

http://www.alanbike.it/s/cc_images/cache_2449862310.jpg?t=1405702525

What is that? That top tube >>>>>>>

More pics of downtube and top tube, BB and some lugs.

Looking at these pics and the earlier ones, looks a helluva lot like a MEXICO.

Same tubes and lugs, but why no Mexico decals????

Doesn't look repainted.

Flummoxed!