Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Heya Loose Cog

Took a pic of the BB lug, no numbers or letters! Cable guide just says Made in France. Haven't tried removing the BB because we're not sure how to go about it - think we're missing the right tool...

Heya maj. The French bottom bracket stumped me as I originally thought it could be a Colner or something similar but looking at Velo Base the frame looks like a Meral - see comments to the original post. http://velobase.com/Velos/ViewModel.aspx?ID=49ff9070-5084-4527-8fba-66f4b94dd1ad&Enum=203&AbsPos=6

I will do some more research but start looking at what's available on Velo. Quite useful.

Anyway, I don't think the frame started out as fully chromed and was probably chromed a few years back when other non Campagnolo parts were added. The headset looks to be original and this will probably give us the most accurate dating. The frame may even be a Lejuene import (before they were made under licence in SA). The indent on the seat stay giving a clue. Unfortunately I don't know much about French or Belgium frames.

Campagnolo Triomphe or Victory were produced in the mid 80's to very early 90's. On the other hand the headset looks much older. Please can you take a couple of close up photos of the headset. Your photos are good by the way.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya Loose Cog

Took a pic of the BB lug, no numbers or letters! Cable guide just says Made in France. Haven't tried removing the BB because we're not sure how to go about it - think we're missing the right tool...

Heya maj. The French bottom bracket stumped me as I originally thought it could be a Colner or something similar but looking at Velo Base the frame looks like a Meral - see comments to the original post.

Heya Loose Cog

Heya maj. The French bottom bracket stumped me as I originally thought it could be a Colner or something similar but looking at Velo Base the frame looks like a Meral - see comments to the original post. http://velobase.com/Velos/ViewModel.aspx?ID=49ff9070-5084-4527-8fba-66f4b94dd1ad&Enum=203&AbsPos=6

I will do some more research but start looking at what's available on Velo. Quite useful.

Anyway, I don't think the frame started out as fully chromed and was probably chromed a few years back when other non Campagnolo parts were added. The headset looks to be original and this will probably give us the most accurate dating. The frame may even be a Lejuene import (before they were made under licence in SA). The indent on the seat stay giving a clue. Unfortunately I don't know much about French or Belgium frames.

Campagnolo Triomphe or Victory were produced in the mid 80's to very early 90's. On the other hand the headset looks much older. Please can you take a couple of close up photos of the headset. Your photos are good by the way.

VW Herald Tour de Velo Classiqque  

Managed to get dates.

The EXPO, where we'd like to have a display of our bikes, opens on the Friday 30th January 2015. 

The MTB event, at Addo, is on Saturday 31st. This is the day we'd like to have a CONCOURSE, really show off the old steeds. Then a short ride, maybe 30 km, along the beachfront.

Sunday 1st February is the road race, where most of us, I think, will ride the 50km route, slowly!!

Entries should open next week, but by the end of October at the latest.

Guest notmyname

Awesome! I'm not sure my lady qualifies for the concourse event. But I will start arranging my work schedule so I can partake on both Saturday's beachfront ride as well as the Sunday slow race.

Hi guys, I picked this old Daccordi up today. Frame is in pretty rough nick, even the cable guides have rusted off! Has the original Cinelli bars and Campagnolo crank and rear hub. How much would I be looking at at getting the entire frame sandblasted and repainted? Thinking about running a SS/ fixie setup. Obviously needs a good clean, and sorry for the crappy pics, was in a hurry!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

post-64130-0-83445500-1413391639_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-41484300-1413391662_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-75487500-1413391690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Badsam

Imho a bit of a waste to turn it into a fixie. Worth more restored. I can swap you a good fixie frame!

Either way, I wouldn't sand blast it.

If you want to sell the cranks I'm interested. You'll be surprised at what they are worth.

Yep agree but as frame is not a SLX I would get it resprayed and either restored to former glory or turned it into SS or Fixie. At least it gets ridden either way.

Heyyou's offer to swap and restore leaves another quality frame for generations to come.

Paint jobs are getting expensive and a two or three colour paint job with lettering could set you back R2,500. Single colour shouldn't cost more than R1,000. Reproduced decals can set you back R1,000 if imported.

IMHO the bike needs attention and some loving!

Thanks for the response guys, I'll have it checked out in the next day or two to see what my options are. I'd actually like to pass it on to someone who will restore it properly and bring it back from the sad state it's in now to be honest! If anyone is interested or might know someone that is, PM me with an offer? 

I forgot to mention that strangely there's a De Rosa fork on the bike!

I've attached some more pics, and again, they're rather crap, so I'll whip out the camera in the sunlight tomorrow. 

post-64130-0-07994800-1413403331_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-30509400-1413403350_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-08806600-1413403372_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-55660800-1413403391_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-62131200-1413403407_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-82994300-1413403422_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-80421200-1413403438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Badsam

Hi Guys

I recently got a Bridgestone RB-1 Synergy to restore. The bike is a little rough, but nothing a little elbow grease can't fix.

After looking through some catalogues Ive identified it as a 1988 model. The Bridgestones came out with Shimano 105 (1050/1051 series parts) 

The bike currently has mix of Shimano 105 and 105sc (1055 series) parts. So I need to swop out the 105sc parts, to get the bike back to orginal condition. 

I don't want to have a showroom piece. Just a bike to enjoy. I would like to keep the cost as low as possible so condition isn't of the highest importance, but i don't want trashed parts. So I'm looking for the following:

105 36h rear hub - FH1050

105 Rear derailleur - RD1050

105 Brake levers - BL1050/B1051

Im also looking for a set of bar end shifters 7sp or 8sp.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Dan

post-44444-0-28722700-1413441258_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys

I recently got a Bridgestone RB-1 Synergy to restore. The bike is a little rough, but nothing a little elbow grease can't fix.

After looking through some catalogues Ive identified it as a 1988 model. The Bridgestones came out with Shimano 105 (1050/1051 series parts) 

The bike currently has mix of Shimano 105 and 105sc (1055 series) parts. So I need to swop out the 105sc parts, to get the bike back to orginal condition. 

I don't want to have a showroom piece. Just a bike to enjoy. I would like to keep the cost as low as possible so condition isn't of the highest importance, but i don't want trashed parts. So I'm looking for the following:

105 36h rear hub - FH1050

105 Rear derailleur - RD1050

105 Brake levers - BL1050/B1051

Im also looking for a set of bar end shifters 7sp or 8sp.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Dan

VERY nice bike there Dan.

If you don't come right with the barends, I may have some 9 speed that will work on friction mode

Thanks dude, I did take my time taking them. Interesting stuff, wouldn't have thought it was French. The BB is actually totally busted - feels really clogged up and wonky going forward and wont rotate more than a quarter in reverse, and that was why we didn't want to try to remove it.

Yeah, the headset looks very similar to the one on the Bianchi, except for the fact that it doesn't say Bianchi - or anything else. Will look at Velo website.

Hey Loose Cog

I just had a look at the JP Routens and the detailing on the frame seems to be an exact match - the seatpost looks exactly like the one we have, also. Shot for tracking that down - I think it's a winner! Will keep investigating for age, though.

OK so after 4 weeks I have my Colnago Master back from painting. I will put all the decals on this weekend and send it back for clear coat. I'm pretty happy with how it has come out. The clear coat will give the candy blue some nice depth. Next is to decide on saddle and bar tape colour. Black rolls with black tape or white rolls with white Cinelli Cork ribbon.... Give me some ideas hubbers.

post-35520-0-39172500-1413622947_thumb.jpg

So just added these to the collection, SLX Daccordi Pursuit bike and a Pinarello Treviso with full 105 grouppo. Anyone know anything about the Treviso and why 105?? Who brought the Pinarello bikes here? Think it's a late 80's bike . Have a look at these...

post-64130-0-86178100-1413646100_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-46967200-1413646130_thumb.jpg