Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I I can't find one of these locally, I'm going to order through Amazon, about $25.

Anyone want one if I do? Save on shipping.

Anyone know where I can get one locally>

Crank arm Thread Chaser .... I have another C Record crank that the threads need chasing!!!

Remember that C record cranks were "left-hand" threaded because of the self-extracting bolts they used.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS JD!!!!!!

You saved my cranks.

I took a set of self extractors and hey presto, they screwed in!!!!

Thank whomever that I didn't do my standard trick and become impatient and force things.

Cranks are off!

Now why didn't I know this already, you would have thought that I should.

Thanks again JD.

Not quite a bicycle, but a poster. My mom bought it for me when I was about 15(now 40).

They were cleaning out and found it.

I saw it in Game back in the day and always wanted it. So my mom went to buy it and it wasn't for sale. She said she wasn't leaving the shop until someone sold it to her, eventually the manager made a plan and I got it for Christmas. Pretty cool to see it again. Thanks Mom

My man! !!!

THIS IS WHAT THE BUB IS ALL ABOUT :thumbup:  :clap:

H, people H....as in "Hub"! (why can't I edit anything?)

After reading through this entire thread I am feeling very inspired to fix up an oldie.

I quite like the idea of a Bianchi.

Realistically, what would it cost to purchase and fix up a Bianchi. I know that's like asking how long is a piece of string, but I don't want to be caught out spending waaayyy to much money on such a project.

I realise that fixing up an oldie is a project of passion, but one must keep the cost in mind.

How difficult is a frame to source, and how difficult are parts to source?

What is the general feeling here; should the bike remain as true to the original?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, I'm very new at this.

Do it over time as stuff finds you mate. I found a lot of my best stuff in pawn shops.....

Does anyone know of a bike shop (table view/brackenfell areas) that would sell a seat post bolt for my 1980 Peugeot road bike? None of the shops I've gone to have them.

Does anyone know of a bike shop (table view/brackenfell areas) that would sell a seat post bolt for my 1980 Peugeot road bike? None of the shops I've gone to have them.

Not in that area, but I think your best bet is Woodstock Cycle Works. They probably have the biggest collection of "old bike stuff" in Cape Town.

Also try Soloped cycles in Bothasig, they have lots of old stuff that they've taken off bikes over the years.

Is this the allen key one or the older one with nut and bolt. I have the allen key version from an old Peugeot Rapport that you are welcome to have if this is what you after. I am in Parklands.

Hope this belongs here...

If it had a 3speed, it would be exactly like one I used to ride to school!

except mine was black!

Edit: Sturmy Archer of  course

Edited by HeyYou