Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to see pics of the Concorde in the background

Raul Alcala (PDM) era Concorde. Let's see some pics.

That Somec is stunning. Everything about their bikes is just so classy and so much detail. Nice find.

Edited by quintonb

Raul Alcala (PDM) era Concorde. Let's see some pics.

That Somec is stunning. Everything about their bikes is just so classy and so much detail. Nice find.

Thanks.Hard work ????????

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I'm looking for a cassette for my Somec. I'm currently running 52-42 up front and 12-21 in the back so I'm running out of gears on some of the steeper hills. I rode up to the Northclif tower this morning and was in serious need of some more gears.

Anyone have something they're willing to part with?

Somec pics please ????

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

If anyone has a reasonably healthy 28mm diameter carbon seat post lying around, please let me know and we can talk about the amazingly reasonable price you want for it :) . (I know the word "carbon" is a no-no here, sorry. :blush: )

My Urban Terrain Bike taking shape nicely. I needed a quick and light singlespeed daily commuter (must be easy to lug up stairs) which can handle riding on pavements hopping on and off curbstones; and has some style associated....

The frame is a 62cm Tommasini Super Prestige, but the original 700c wheels only allowed max of 25mm tyres - making the pavement hopping tricky.... I have now had 650b wheels installed (19mm Mavic rims) which accommodate 35mm tyres. Just waiting for the extended length Dia Compe calipers to arrive. Looking forward to taking it for a ride soon. Weight is just over 9kg - easy enough to carry up to my office.

Got inspired by reading http://www.sheldonbrown.com/650b.html

post-84793-0-38295300-1462898348_thumb.jpg

My Urban Terrain Bike taking shape nicely. I needed a quick and light singlespeed daily commuter (must be easy to lug up stairs) which can handle riding on pavements hopping on and off curbstones; and has some style associated....

The frame is a 62cm Tommasini Super Prestige, but the original 700c wheels only allowed max of 25mm tyres - making the pavement hopping tricky.... I have now had 650b wheels installed (19mm Mavic rims) which accommodate 35mm tyres. Just waiting for the extended length Dia Compe calipers to arrive. Looking forward to taking it for a ride soon. Weight is just over 9kg - easy enough to carry up to my office.

Stunning bike Anton. I am going to research the 650b option for my SS as I have only a few mm clearance using 28mm tyres.

If you ever want to sell that frame, please get hold of me.

CLASSIC RETRO RIDE

When:             Sunday 22nd May

Time:              07:15-07:30 (we plan to leave at 07:45 sharp)

Where:           Something Country, 19 Driefontein road, Kromdraai, Muldersdrift (The Cradle of Mankind)

General:         We are having our next social get together/ride with a short 25-35 km out and back ride. There are options to turn around and shorten or lengthen the ride so everyone is welcome to come along. Please feel free to bring along friends, family and spectators.

A couple of the spectators normally stay behind at Something Country where you can enjoy a breakfast under in the lovely gardens.

You don’t have to have a classic, retro or vintage bike and anything goes. Single speed/fixed geared bikes welcome.

Bring along your parts, old gear or bikes you are wanting to sell or swap.

Afterward you are welcome to join us for breakfast and a chat. The venue arranges separate bills.

WhatsApp:    Please send me a WhatsApp on 0730693979 if you would like to join our classic retro ride group for regular updates, chat and information as to what is happening.