Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

What are the chances of this thread having its own sub forum (like fixie/singlespeed etc)?

Pretty please!!!!!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally managed to find me some Delta brakes. The bike was kept in a shed close to the sea, so I'll have to see if the corrosion in the pic will polish out. It looks like the engraved logo might get damaged if I try and polish out all the corrossion markings.

I'm still in need of a C-Record crank and shifters, if anyone knows of any.

post-988-0-93648700-1345446600.jpg

Hi Guys,

Here's a few pics of my uncles bike past onto myself last year. Might not be retro for you guys but for me it is.

Cadex CF3 with Campag groupo. Not sure what the groupo is called. All still working apart from a broken shifter.

Enjoy.

post-24543-0-91404700-1345628075.jpg

post-24543-0-12442200-1345628086.jpg

post-24543-0-59657900-1345628095.jpg

post-24543-0-64642600-1345628135.jpg

http://www.retrobike...Giant_Cadex.pdf

Definitely retro, definitely cool!

Above is the original catalogue (in Gerrman), if you are interested!

I had no idea the bike was made by Giant...

Thanks for the info Chro Mo but only getting one page in the PDF Edited by Camaron

Hi Guys,

Here's a few pics of my uncles bike past onto myself last year. Might not be retro for you guys but for me it is.

Cadex CF3 with Campag groupo. Not sure what the groupo is called. All still working apart from a broken shifter.

Enjoy.

I had a similiar bike back in 94 when I moved to Cpt. The CFR 3 was made with carbon and aluminium lugs. Mine had Campag Veloce on and I put a San Marco Ferrari saddle on. Awesome bike. Bought it from Olympic Wheelers, I think was the shops name in Parow. The CFR 1 was the full carbon model in red and black.

Edited by MCipollini

I had a similiar bike back in 94 when I moved to Cpt. The CFR 3 was made with carbon and aluminium lugs. Mine had Campag Veloce on and I put a San Marco Ferrari saddle on. Awesome bike. Bought it from Olympic Wheelers, I think was the shops name in Parow. The CFR 1 was the full carbon model in red and black.

Hi MCipollini thats correct and if i'm not wrong the rear wheel stays are aluminium. My uncles cycling partner at the time had the CFR 1 with a Shimano groupo.

Wow guys been on the Hub for a while now and only recently come across the thread.

I am mad about retro bikes and will post soon, some stunning bikes on here well done.

Hey guys..... im looking for a front 3g mavic wheel.... managed to find 2 rears which is not really helping but cool none the less.... i fyou know of anyone i can hound or have one....please let me know... that or a set of spinnergy rev x 700c...... or a front spinnergy 650c....

thanks

Blimey, i haven't been here in a long time ... retro seemed to go dead for a while. Georgev, that bike looks awesome! Ja, old Olaf is a master - haven't been there in ages, I must drop by sometime. Ride her well on the Argus.

And Macdaddy ..... grrrrrrr! Are all those yours, you lucky bliksem?