• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the real helmet, never used, gonna keep it for my boy in my avatar

time to change his hat:)

post-6513-0-51753300-1351183496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cg_S

This is mine - think it dates from the mid 80's - sorry the pictures are not the greatest and it's covered in dust.

Always had a thing for the Bianchi's with the black tubes. Not many around. Real nice.

this is a rad thread, cant believe i never saw it before smile.png

this is a Bridgestone RB-1 i have been restoring (1988 i think?), she rides like a dream smile.png 8 Speed Campag Vento's with 7 Speed Dura Ace RD on friction. Zeus pedals with Christophe toe clips. lots of fun!

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/251849804132730412_YU0idwIF_c.jpg

It's worth looking at again.

Nice photograph

I have a daccordi that my dad gave to me that only did the 1991Rapport tour and still is a 7 speed But I realy enjoy the lok on peoples faces when I pass them with this steel bike

I have a daccordi that my dad gave to me that only did the 1991Rapport tour and still is a 7 speed But I realy enjoy the lok on peoples faces when I pass them with this steel bike

pics??

the real helmet, never used, gonna keep it for my boy in my avatar

time to change his hat:)

Those things used to give you serious helmet hair.

this is a rad thread, cant believe i never saw it before smile.png

this is a Bridgestone RB-1 i have been restoring (1988 i think?), she rides like a dream smile.png 8 Speed Campag Vento's with 7 Speed Dura Ace RD on friction. Zeus pedals with Christophe toe clips. lots of fun!

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/251849804132730412_YU0idwIF_c.jpg

Had one of these as a teenager, awesome bike.

Enjoy it!!

Here is my fixie:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/118638-pinarello-treviso/?do=findComment&comment=1722638

Please see the link to where I first posted it.

I am hoping some of you can maybe give me a bit more info on the bike as my searches on the web have proved fruitless. From what I can see on the web it might be a Bassano but nowhere on the bike can I find the word “Bassano”. So I really don’t know.

What I am trying to find out is what the original pedals were that the bike came with. The currently have clipless pedal on. And then I would like to get the original tyres as well. The tyres currently on obviously are not the original ones as you cannot inflate them over 3.5bar (then they start to rub against the fork).

Can anyone please help with a bit of info? I think it is late 80’s from what I have seen but some links on the web suggest that it might be from the early 70’s. I am sure most of you are more knowledgeable than me with these bikes.

Here is my fixie:

http://www.thehubsa....o/#entry1722638

Please see the link to where I first posted it.

I am hoping some of you can maybe give me a bit more info on the bike as my searches on the web have proved fruitless. From what I can see on the web it might be a Bassano but nowhere on the bike can I find the word “Bassano”. So I really don’t know.

What I am trying to find out is what the original pedals were that the bike came with. The currently have clipless pedal on. And then I would like to get the original tyres as well. The tyres currently on obviously are not the original ones as you cannot inflate them over 3.5bar (then they start to rub against the fork).

Can anyone please help with a bit of info? I think it is late 80’s from what I have seen but some links on the web suggest that it might be from the early 70’s. I am sure most of you are more knowledgeable than me with these bikes.

More research shows that it probably is a Pista.

I would say it is simply " Pinarello Pista."

Where did you get the notion of : "Bassano"?

Like I said, I cannot find a lot of info on the bike so I thought that it might have been resprayed as something else (previously a Bassano), but I have found two more images on the web that show it actually is a Pista.

Now I just need to find out what the correct pedals should be and I think it gonna be a huge mission to find tubbies from the correct period.

Do you agree that it probably is from the 80’s?

Not a rebranded frame good sir.

The "GP" engraved on the seat stay ends and the fork crown are the initials of Giovanni Pinarello.

In addition that characteristic cut out on the lugs that has been filled with gold. It looks like a flying bird or like a 'clove'.

Possibly even 70's

Edited by HeartCoppi