Useless mini pumps

Shiny calves

those lezine ones are the shizzle! pumps my mtb tire in no time' date=' pretty Expensive though, and the one I used wasnt mineConfused[/quote']

There is  HUGE difference between pumping 3 bar (mtb) and 8 bar (road). After about 6 bar the pomping pumping gets a bit tough with thos mini pumps.

Ask me, I know. Try doing that 3 times in 10 minutes and you will need a neck and back massageOuchDead

Speedy, why you using a road bike not on the road? 3 punctures in 10 minutes? Damn!

I was on the tar. I just had some really bad luck. First I hit a fairly big chunk of something.  Replaced the tube and went on my merry way. A few minutes later the tube popped and had to replace it again....repaeted the last step again. I think all the patches took their toll and it was a warning to get new tubes.

At least I scored out of that episode. After the last puncture and running out of tubes I phoned th wife anf told to fetch me at the Steers. For her effort I bought her supperBig%20smile
Speed Devil2009-08-07 00:50:38

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my R35 pump gets my 85kg frame going again. I had 2 flats the past Sunday thanks to the rain and it took about 7 minutes each to to get going again.

I use a mini pump on the MTB and have had no issues ...... I don't on the road cause I run out of arms before the tyre's hard enough Ouch

I had to use my Raleigh one from PnP (R49.95) on 94.7 day. Discovered my tyre was flat when loading the bike, pumped it up enough to be able to ride and then rode with that pressure for another month.....yeah I know silly but I did...

those lezine ones are the shizzle! pumps my mtb tire in no time' date=' pretty Expensive though, and the one I used wasnt mineConfused[/quote']

There is  HUGE difference between pumping 3 bar (mtb) and 8 bar (road). After about 6 bar the pomping pumping gets a bit tough with thos mini pumps.

Ask me, I know. Try doing that 3 times in 10 minutes and you will need a neck and back massageOuchDead

Speedy, why you using a road bike not on the road? 3 punctures in 10 minutes? Damn!

I was on the tar. I just had some really bad luck. First I hit a fairly big chunk of something.  Replaced the tube and went on my merry way. A few minutes later the tube popped and had to replace it again....repaeted the last step again. I think all the patches took their toll and it was a warning to get new tubes.

At least I scored out of that episode. After the last puncture and running out of tubes I phoned th wife anf told to fetch me at the Steers. For her effort I bought her supperBig%20smile

Sounds like you damaged your tyre which is why you had the subsequent 'pops'. Probably a hole in the sidewall through which the replacement tubes would have 'popped' one you'd been riding a bit. R10 note or empty energy gel sachet work well as a temporary gaitor over a hole in the sidewall.

Smile Guys

What's the use of having a mini pump when it cant inflate your tyres properly?

They're for emergency use really. Get a floor pump for home. Get a good one and it will last you a very long time.

throw it at a car that is overtaking another one on a narrow road
...per some recent Hub tests it appears that waterbottles work best for this scenario.........!

I've also got a valve adapter in my tubby bag (is that term still used?). So get the tyre up just to get going and stop at the local garage to get it hard enough.

What crap are you using then? I've got a R35 Sportsman's Warehouse one that works 200%. And then I've got a R120 double action Topeak one for the MTB that also works 100%.

Ja but does yours at least inflate 7 bars?

Don't know exactly how much but enough for me to continue riding and finish my ride.

Don't know exactly how much but enough for me to continue riding and finish my ride.

Which is all I would expect from a 'mini' pump Big%20smile

These little babies save so much time and effort. they just become very expensive if you are prone to punctures.

I always carry one with my useless lifesaving mini pump when training.

In races I take 2 bombs with. If I can't complete a race on 2 spare tubes then it's useless having a pump.

20090807_022829_inflator.jpg

Speed Devil2009-08-07 02:32:45

I bought a UK mtb mag, a once off thing cos it was like R100 and some change, but got a free mini pump with it.. works like a charm.