Which frame

amoryns

I am looking to buy a new frame and fork and dont exactly know what I want.

at the moment it is either the full carbon Giant TCR or BMC with carbon fork.

any other frames I could possible look at. Dont want to spend more than R10k on the framesmileys/smiley5.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy new, the Giant TCR offers the best value for money, all things considered. I've been quoted R11 to R12k last time I looked.

The Scott CR1 and Cervelo R3 is a bit more expensive at R14 to 15k, also very nice.

Don't know the BMC's price, but it is also a top choice.

Also consider the Merida carbon. It is very nice looking, and sells for R9k new. 2 team mates ride them, and a third is going to buy one as well - they like them very much.

have a merida mtb...not too keen on them

the Cervelo also looked nice. Any disadvantages if I choose a full carbon? Have never ridden one before.

The Scott CR1 is an amazing ride and trust me you will not be dissapointed. I have been quoted under 10k for the frame and fork by the guys at Cajee's although it is last years model but there is no difference other than the stickers.

Cycling Plus rated it as the best carbon frame they had ever ridden and they test a lot of bikes. The tester commented that it was so reponsive, the first time he got out the saddle the bike felt like it was going to shoot out from under him yet it was extremely comfortable over the 100 mile (160km) ride.

You would, by my estimations from the photographs posted here, ride a small or XS so it would be even more responsive than the bike tested (which was also last years model BTW).

Giant TCR all the way smileys/smiley32.gif I have a TCR Advanced and find it absolutely awsome on the climbs, superbly responsive and a ride like no other due to the great shock absorption qualities of the frame and new improved fork!

sir fred...I ride a 46 at the moment....can maybe look at48 fram. But I rad that if you ride a smaller frame it is more responsive. The Scott looks nice.....but...it is a scott??????

They make a XS which is about as small as you get. C-T is 43cm (compact geometry), effective 49cm frame. Top tube is the most important and thats 51.5cm so as long as that fits you then you will be ok on it.

The Giant is a great buy but I don't see you getting it under 10k which makes the CR1 the best value for your money.

Giant all the way! I would only ride another frame if I was sponsored to ride it...but if I'm spending my own money, then nothing beats a Giant!!!

I can get the giant for R9500.....

Wheels? Fulcrum racing 3?

Which Giant frame can you get for R9500?

yip, het met Stuart gepraat. My suster soek een van die cannondales wat daar staansmileys/smiley4.gif

Westdene used to have the Giant TCR (blue writing) a couple of months ago. It was 16k with 105 and shimano wheels if my memory serves. Give them a call they still might have something.