The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Eric Palmer last weekend. He lives right there. Apparently the side of the valley that the track is on was not badly affected by the fire and the track is still fine.

The 2 road gaps are gone but that is due to the fact that the fire trucks cannot drive on the roads with them there.

The track I am talking about is the track that was used for the national last year. I have no idea about the old track.

thanks  went up there yesterday, to the old track. my brother and i build that track back in 2000 i think exept for the bottom section that is now closed.  Parts of it is still up and running. I see there is a few new single trails faning out from the old route.

Can any one recommend a good track close to Stellenbosch other than the g-spot, eden(track is covered by trees after the last storm) or Jonkershoek?

Where do you blokes enjoy riding?

Try Spanish Farm in Somerset West, really enjoyed riding there, untill I broke my collarbone...

Anyone riding this weekend? Cap, Mitch, Angus, Daniel, DHK anyone else? keen for a group ride again? Saturday morning?

Question for the DHers: what's the distance from the center of your BB to the floor (rider not mounted)?

I was having a look at the specs for the spesh demo 8, and there are recommendations to run with 165mm cranks and low profile pedals because of the super low BB height which is about 30.5cm. Me BB height was measured at 39.5cm.

Post yours. smiley1.gif

Hill is streets ahead of everyone, even when it comes to what he needs to go faster. I'm almost doubting anyone else has modified their bikes as much as Hill has (waiting to be proven wrong. I luv the little tech info bites that sometimes leak out).

Seems Hill is targetting the corners. With his style of riding, he asked for a longer top tube, wide handlebars, and a damn low BB. ?I thought my Xtension was low, but then i forgot that measuring teh bb height requires me to be off the bike. BUt when she does turn, she squats, taking her real low. Feels damn nice though.

awesome pic of Panik hitting the last table top at Paarl. Another pic of him exiting that last berm.

Nice riding there Angus! smiley4.gif

Haven't found pics of Mitch or Jason yet... links guys?

Hey guys and gals. I have two sets of flat pedals for sale.

1 x Red/Black Crank Brothers 5050XX. They've just been rebuild and I still have a full set of brand new long pins and a set of spare plates also brand new.

CRC has them for R1058 I'd like R550

1 x White DMR V12's ***BRAND NEW *** STill in box

CRC has them for R548, I'd like R450