The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

ok well we should be there untill about 1 tomorrow. and durung the week we ride from 4:30 till 6:30 if you free

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg won Sea Otter. It's not really a measure of anything but

when he last won sea otter he also won the world cup overall

I rode the tokai race track yesterday. Loads of fun and the chages

Have made quite a difference.

I hope all of you are gonna do the race. I promise you.

You will NOT get another oppertunity to shuttle Tokai again any time soon.

I did post this in the Tokai, NCC Downhill thread, but since it's under "events" I dont think it gets looked at much. "The Downhill Thread" seems much more appropriate.

This is the link to my gallery of photos of the Race on Saturday at Tokai: www.ossum.co.za

anyone here know who is riding out some new trails on signal hill? Who ever you are, props for the attempt, but negative rep for making it go nearly straight down between fire roads. The big minus is erosion. Rather plod out some switchbacks and berms to help not wash the hill into the CBD. smiley2.gif?I've got planks up there to shore up some earth which will simultaneously doubled up as step-downs. But just need some spikes to anchor them into the ground. But there are lots of fallen trees to make up some logs. Just need a big ass sledge hammer to wack in those spikes. I have spade, saw, hammer/crowbar hybrid, nails etc.

if you need some assistance, let me know and I will help.

btw: njoi the little jump i made. rest of trail to follow once I have time and energy., I didnt want to nick the rocks someone already dumped at the little 'berm', so it was a huge mission hauling those rocks to the jump site ..?smiley6.gif

Capricorn2010-05-02 04:34:11

Dude pick up your frikken phone. You should of hit tokai today with us was pritty sick the trails there are soo nice now even on this hardtail I was using.

oh crap smiley6.gif I couldnt make it yesterday, and soz for not replying to your message.

Today I was hoping to hook up with you, but totally forgot about my phone in my riding backpack.?

dammit. smiley6.gif

so are the trails so nice? you referring to the new track they dressed up for the NCC race last weekend? I see the 3 musqueteers, Jason, Angus and Mitch (J.A.M.???) all did awesomely!?smiley4.gif

Capricorn2010-05-02 12:32:13

oh crap smiley6.gif I couldnt make it yesterday' date=' and soz for not replying to your message.

Today I was hoping to hook up with you, but totally forgot about my phone in my riding backpack. 

dammit. [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley6.gif[/img]

so are the trails so nice? you referring to the new track they dressed up for the NCC race last weekend? I see the 3 musqueteers, Jason, Angus and Mitch (J.A.M.???) all did awesomely! smiley4.gif

The race was awesome!smiley1.gif why didnt you race?? Angus did the best he got like 4 minutes and they messed up my time casue i overtook somone so they got the ordering wrong so i got no time for my first run and on my second i came off on litrally the second last berm.....Murray and i are riding thursday afternoon? 4 till 6 30, if you wanna join? all the tracks have been dressed up a little....they also made a whole new one down that big long straight on the way up....its awesome. let us know if you can ridesmiley1.gif

hey hey. congrats jason :) didnt race cos it was sat, and work had me tied up. it was a fudged up week at work. I doubt i'llmake it thurs as I only leave work round about 4pm, then it's traffic out your way. I would probably get there just as you two leave smiley17.gif

I spoke with Devon at Actioncycling. He said that little straight section parallel to the jeep track up is pretty neat. Not as nice as it used to be when the ground was pretty firm,but still a damn awesome blast down.

Pity about your second run and them screwing up the time. and as for overtaking. ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! smiley17.gif

Hey Guys.

Theres a DH race at Jonkershoek on the 29th

Dh provincial at Jonkershoek

Practice on Saturday from 10am till 4pm

Practice

on Sunday from 8 till 9:30am

Racing from 10am

R 200 for the

event

BE THERE!!!