The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

hey hey. congrats jason :) didnt race cos it was sat' date=' and work had me tied up. it was a fudged up week at work. I doubt i'llmake it thurs as I only leave work round about 4pm, then it's traffic out your way. I would probably get there just as you two leave [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley17.gif[/img]

I spoke with Devon at Actioncycling. He said that little straight section parallel to the jeep track up is pretty neat. Not as nice as it used to be when the ground was pretty firm,but still a damn awesome blast down.

Pity about your second run and them screwing up the time. and as for overtaking. ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! smiley17.gif

Thanks! ya it kinda sucks when all the sand becomes loose, it was really bad by the chicken run by the road gap!

You up for a ride tomorrow or sunday? Murray and i are going at 12ish tomorrow?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. will be trying really hard to be there.but only from between 14h30-15h00. Sat is run around like a wingless chicken day smiley6.gif

Sunday will be better. Have to get some saddle time in before the 30th smiley1.gif

yeah. will be trying really hard to be there.but only from between 14h30-15h00. Sat is run around like a wingless chicken day smiley6.gif

Sunday will be better. Have to get some saddle time in before the 30th smiley1.gif

Cool, maybe see you there, you riding Jonkershoek?

now that all the dates with venues have been firmed up, planning to ride in all the races. just hope i dont conk myself again smiley17.gif stoked to go back to SLoP to try it again/.

my camera's waaaaaaaaaaaay too big smiley17.gif?what armour u getting? i recently landed some 2010 661 Vapor suit, but i think i want to sell it. brand spanking new. but definitely not your size, unless you've supersized since I last you Jason?smiley2.gif

I fell at Sir Lowry's Pass (SLoP). bad fall into a very deep gully. conked.

Capricorn2010-05-07 13:42:46

what's wrong with any brand? TLD, 661,? other than personal taste?

Jason: ignore the padawan: the 661 Kyle Straits are real nice. They've change the design abit, so it sits a lot more snug around the legs. Bailed a few times, and they've never failed me.?

Mine's gotten more ripped on the pedals when pushing than falling! smiley2.gif

if u gonna order from CRC, let me know, as i have a few things on my basket that needs to come to ZA.

Also, found local suppliers for damn awesome gloves, shirts, jerseys,goggles from Fox and other brands.

Centurion Yamaha

So while they only deal in stuff for MX/offroad, there is still something nice to be had. Worth a look.

mmmmm ill check out crown.....just cause its around the corner, but Cap, are those  661 Kyle Straits solid? also, are they plated or is it just lots of material? and what size would you say is good for me?