The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

?

ooo. errm.. daniel.. hope your shins are ok.

looking forward to MADE, MTB movie by Callum Swift [click for trailer]. Really wish they would offer digital content distribution options instead of ordering a DVD which takes ages to come via snailmail.

Capricorn2009-11-28 08:05:46

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you guys go to tokai tomorrow morewood going to be there and they will be letting people ride and try out there bikes!

Of course this would happen when I have a broken leg smiley19.gif

what time are the events starting DHK?

and exactly how much of a world champs is this event? is it going to be like the Baseball world series, where only the americans, and the americans in japan faced off and crowned themselves world champs? or what?

No my friend it is not as a mx bike. mtb wheels doesn't have the weight ie-moment of inertia to make such a difference in how a bike reacts in the air. The bike is only controlled by how you shift your weight when you hit the jump. i'll try to find the link of a video clip of how to jump.

good luck. GT Rules

There is a very simple way to disprove that assertion above: lock your bike in a bike stand' date=' preferably at the seat post or top tube, crank it a little bit to get the rear wheel up to a speed, and then hit the rear brake. Tell me which way your bike wants to jump off the stand? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]

Handspin the front wheel to try the test with that wheel.

same thing as the rear wheel? yes. But i think you already knew that. It was just something I thought of for Bakkies to test out for himself.

No my friend it is not as a mx bike. mtb wheels doesn't have the weight ie-moment of inertia to make such a difference in how a bike reacts in the air. The bike is only controlled by how you shift your weight when you hit the jump. i'll try to find the link of a video clip of how to jump.

good luck. GT Rules

There is a very simple way to disprove that assertion above: lock your bike in a bike stand' date=' preferably at the seat post or top tube, crank it a little bit to get the rear wheel up to a speed, and then hit the rear brake. Tell me which way your bike wants to jump off the stand? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]

Handspin the front wheel to try the test with that wheel.

Please read again. "mtb wheels doesn't have the weight ie-moment of inertia to make such a difference in how a bike reacts in the air." Of course will the bike jump around without weight on it when you hit the brakes. This is were the difference comes in. the weight of a wheel compared to the the human body and a motorbike wheel. The question is how much moment of inertia is generated! If you want i'll mail you a handbook on moment of inertia.

The brake thing on a mtb will hardly be noticeable.

Good luck with physics101

Of course will the bike jump around without weight on it when you hit

the brakes. This is were the difference comes in. the weight of a wheel

compared to the the human body and a motorbike wheel.

DHK, or anyone else that was there, how was the onewheelerWorldChamps at Tokai this past Sunday?

I was camped out at Camps Bay Sunday afternoon. It was bloody awesome, water was actually warm.

I suggest you guys go to tokai tomorrow morewood going to be there and they will be letting people ride and try out there bikes!

And and ?