The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

you've seen how that CD sits in relation to the chain and chainring: it's pretty damn close, which is probably the reason it works so well. So any slack in your chain that translates to side ways slapping will smack up against the CD. It's doing it's job, and you cant remove all the chain slack.

So i reckon just ignore it, if you can smiley1.gif. Trust me, i know it's hard to ignore it. BUt dont let that fool you into thinking something's wrong with your bike.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 Feb' date=' is the first provincial up here. Dont Know about the MTN series though[/quote']

7 Feb is an MTN National.  The first provincial was meant to be the weekend before (31 Jan) but there's been so much sh*t with getting the new course built it ain't going to happen.  The National course is a brand new track being built out near Haarties smiley2.gif

Capricorn being thinking about the marzo just the thing is I don't want to buy new so can I buy yours and then you can get yourself a nice new fork?

?

yep, we can make a plan, cos it did cross my mind, for even though I went with the marzo (zero regrets!), the Boxxer does still intrigue me. So if I find the do$h for the boxxer, i will let you know.

?Wish I could afford to keep the Marzo on the Xtension, and use the Boxxer on the 951 or Demo 8.. but oi, janitors don't earn that much smiley17.gif

Capricorn2010-01-23 15:07:00

Are you serious so you might sell okay I call 1st dibs!!! O and Cap BS janitors don't earn much says the janitors who. . . Drives an Audi and has one of the sickest bikes I have ever seen( we want more pics of your bike)

btw: you really dont like em spanks? too wide or too flat? or both?

I must admit, felt a bit strange going thru those corners trying to follow you. I slowed up a lot (bug + bars). I will say this though: it saved my ass today when I hit something abit side on. almost ripped the bars from me, but that extra leverage due to the spanks being wider saved the day. Big time.

I'lljust keep riding more. It's my first time out in the gnar with it, so too easy to really bitch n moan about it.

Dude I still need to pay back my dad for the wheels. So if I sell my brakes I'm left with R1000 half way there right. I just need the holidays to come so I can get some work in at olympic.

Does the fork include a stem
DownhillingKing2010-01-23 15:34:06

yes, the stem is marzo specific, so it will go with the fork.?

Sunline Marzocchi 888 stem

Price at the time of sale will be all inclusive: stem + fork .. and oh sh*t. i forgot about the seals for jason's fork! AAAAAAAARgh.. the dude forgot to remind me. it's in storage somewhere. will make a plan tomorrow to find it. FEK! smiley6.gif

The only thing that sucks about Marzo is when it comes to servicing it no one in the western cape can do it where as almost anyone does rock shox

yeah. you got it spot on there: they ride weird. btw: how did my sled feel taking her over that jump? pedal bob .. overall ride feel?

I think i need to ride someone else's sled just so I can know a difference.

Capricorn2010-01-23 15:45:56