The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LX joby but works. school finishes early not even sure if there is school yet?? But lets say I finish at 12 so meat at tokai around 13:00?

hey Duane: why didn't u warn me about that top section at Contermans Kloof? holy sh*tstix was that steep. Easily the steepest damn thing i've attempted to ride todate. oh and SUPER SUPER sketch with all that loose sand. Thing is, everyone is clamping big anchors when they enter the section. Just a few riders went thru today, and it was greasy like an oil bath. I can imagine how that's gonna be over the practice next weekend, not to mention race day. yummy. Chicken run? lol. no. get off and try to not fall over yourself or your bike trying to get down there using your feet. It's FARKIN steep.

then again, i had to mission up to the top by myself cos Pottie's crew did like one run, and then decided to rather blitz the damn on some jetskis.?

I got big respect for pottie cos he blew it off cos he said he had to go practice some corners at Majik.

I'm sure if I go back up, it wont be that steep. I was totally hammered from the effort climbing/pushing up, so I know the mind can play tricks when the body's tired smiley2.gif.

still, that is super super steep.

oh and those switch backs? kiss your speed goodbye. Tight, very tight, and very very sandy as well. Great for those who can kick up some roost though.. should get some awesome snaps from that set of switchbacks.

Anyone looking to buy a kick ass jump bike?

20100329_031752_P1011058A.JPG

Frame is a Santa Cruz Jackal. I've only ever seen one other in Cape Town.

Sunline bars

X5 Shifter & Deraileur

Etc Etc.

I've given up hope of becoming a dirt jump legend. That's the only reason for the sale. R6500.00 I'm willing to swap for a decent xc bike.

YNH: is that the frame with the famous factory 'kink'??

if the price were a bit lower, i woulda taken it. I'm keen on a DJ bike.

My DH bike - Specialized demo 7 (7.7" travel) bike is up for grabs R16 000.00........ check the classifieds for the add if anybody is interrested.

Cheers

Boys, I have set up a week's riding in the Alps with ski lift access on all days.  Check out the thread in the events section. 

The whole shebang will cost you only +-R18k (flights, chow alles)

Got my new chain device. Adds a lot more to the overall look as opposed to my old 1995 Chaindog device.. Lolzaz

http://is.pinkbike.com/p4pb4802757/p4pb4802757.jpg

Oh, meet Balkie, ma dog. She diggs ma new baak.

yeah, that bike is ready to play. WHen u joining us Daniel? take that badboy out for some proper riding.