The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be a stunning chick in the crowd for me to go sooooooooooo low B)

Even then, fullface and anonanimity?!? coz I can see my future in an exploding berm like that, and it is chatting to ants and slugs close up.

Two guys in a Corsa? Mmmmm, could have been the same guys we saw at Paarl Rock a while ago. If memory serves, then they were pretty good.

brakes or just rear wheel drift? btw: dont u ride clipped-in mr?? ;)

No!! :)

Ok, enter the berm way too fast at the wrong angle, then drift back wheel into the berm wall super hard while going throwing your weight to the ground!

There a DH track out at Paarl Rock? :|

Never seen it out there...It there in the reserve place, or on the other side?

(soz, not from CT, so only been there a few times)

Thermobomb: two tracks, both starting at the entrance to the Taal Monument. if u facing the entrance, the RHS track is just over the barricade, and goes thru The Playground, but eventually crosses the road. Never a biggie if u just watch traffic, of which there hardly is a massive amount. THen cross over into the forest.

The LHS track is called late harvest, and the last round of the Western Cape Mongoose series was held there just last weekend (thank you chest infection for ballsying it up completely for me).

Thermo, we can show you places only George dreams about B)

Paarl: fast, quick, jumps, table tops, switch backs, bridges, roll-ins, gaps, and thats only the car park

Awesome man, thanks, will def keep it in mind next time i go visit the lady down that side (in October) :lol:

Hope I can get some time off to go ride, but tis tough when u only get to see her like 1 weekend a month :blink:

IM gonna drop a 20" bmx wheel on the rear. that will get me so low It'll make blowing up berms obligatory!! Haa haaa .. hah ha. err

ahem.

Any other info on the Late harvest track? what to look out for, whats cool, alternate lines?

Watch out for the roll in after you cross the tarred road, you can end up a face plant, steer right.

Nice wall ride, into a jump.

Cool switchbacks, with a bridge jump, quite nervy, coz the landing is almost immediately into a turn.

There are a few alternative routes to take, but a fun ride.

Time down around 3min 30sec for me.

Im done! Cap you gonna join us?

We leaving at 0930 tomo morn.

Is there a place nearby the monument we can get decent munchies? or should we rather bring our own?

Stryder, thanks for the info! Always nice to have some pre-ride beta!

Amped!