The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

I saw you were looking at that DHX 4.0, but the eye-to-eye was too big for your bike.

Do you specifically want a coil... cos if not, maybe a DHX Air would work. It's a bit more gravity specific than the RP23

Not really specific to coil, I would prefer the air route (no pun intended). But they are so damn expensive. R4000.00 or there abouts.

I heard/read somewhere that a coil is not really recommended for the Shova as well.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a coil from a Makro bike will be like riding a pogo stick. If you can handle that ride then you are well on your way to WC.

bicycles: i saw that or another perp for sale at recycles in durbanville. an insane rig, almsot bought one before the shova came along.

the perp was in polished aluminium :drool:

Guest Omega Man

Anyone going to George for the "fun race" on the 6th and 7th of November? I know I am. George is such a fun track and the locals are very cool guys.

Also the weekend will be cheap if you share lifts and accommodation.

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys.

Anyone looking for a Morewood Izimu.

I'm selling my 2008 Izimu frame. One careful loving owner. The bike has been well cared for and the only scratches are from shuttling.

With that I will throw in the following

Cane Creek Headset (fitted)

C Sixx Carbon Chainguide (fitted)

the bb on the bike. (fitted)

All this for only R9k.

So you literally have to take the fork and wheels off your current rig and you are ready to go. None of those nasty post purchase fitment wallet emptying issues to deal with.

Duane 083 457 1923

i'm from George and might be home that weeked. I'd be happy for people to come stay at my place. I can probably accompdate like 4 ppl if you have bedding and maybe an inflatable mattress or something :) lemme know if ya keen.

Guest Omega Man

Het Cap. You can tag along in my bakkie if you want. I'm gonna need a bit of $ for gas but there will be 4 of us so it will be cheap.

I've stayed at 3 places in George in my life.

1. Vic Bay. Really cool if you want to surf

2. George tourist resort. Cheap but K@K. I would rather sleep on a bench.

2. Whispering Pines. Not badly priced It's got a pool and the all important bar. That's probably my first choice.

i'm from George and might be home that weeked. I'd be happy for people to come stay at my place. I can probably accompdate like 4 ppl if you have bedding and maybe an inflatable mattress or something :) lemme know if ya keen.

omw! are you organising a get-together without me?

pffftttt

Anyone going to George for the "fun race" on the 6th and 7th of November? I know I am. George is such a fun track and the locals are very cool guys and girls.

Also the weekend will be cheap if you share lifts and accommodation.

tsk tsk

omw! are you organising a get-together without me?

pffftttt

Hehehe...nothing planned man :)

Just offering place to stay. Supposedly there is a friendly DH event here next weekend.

You back home yet?

Me n a friend been building some new trails type track...maybe some of it will be ready by next weekend....I HOPE!

Going to be pretty damn awesome though.